“Amazing views”

Ranked #6 of 1,138 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Top of the Rock Observation Deck, the newly opened, 3-tiered observation deck on the 67th, 69th and 70th floors of 30 Rockefeller Plaza, is New York City's most amazing attraction! The unforgettable experience includes a panoramic 360-degree, unobstructed view from the 70th floor observatory, 850 feet in the sky! Hours of Operation: 8:00 AM - Midnight, last elevator goes up at 11:00 PM.Main entrance is located on 50th Street between 5th & 6th Avenues.
Reviewed December 8, 2014

Amazing views from the top of Rockefeller. Better than going to the Empire State Building because you actually get to SEE the Empire State Building. Lines are long, but move at a steady pace. The Elevator ride could be the best part, though.

Write a ReviewReviews (73,003)
All reviews
in 1,339 reviews
"dusk"
in 776 reviews

Reviewed December 8, 2014

We went at 5.30pm and there were no queues so straight to the top. So many floors in so few seconds with ear popping speed and the ceiling view as you ascended - brilliant. We went to see the city lit up and it was wonderful. Very windy and for us a little damp but such great views. I hate heights but even I managed to get a photo with the Empire State behind me! I have to say I preferred this to the Empire State visit with the massive queues and claustrophobic lifts.

1  Thank geridave
Reviewed December 7, 2014

I've done the Empire State twice, so thought I'd try this one on my recent trip. It was the right call. We went just before sunset and it really is the best view in the city, and I got some of the best photos I've ever taken from the top.

Absolutely essential if you want to see the skyline at its best.

Reviewed December 7, 2014

A good way to see the skyline without all of the fuss of going to the empire state building. Price is reasonable and the presentation very neat and tidy.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 7, 2014

Great view of the city, and you were able to pick a return time to go up. However, they seemed to cram too many people into that designated time and it was still over an hours wait for the elevator. If you want to see it in the daytime make sure you book your slot early enough. We picked the 3:50pm as the ticket agent told us it took about 15 - 20 minutes to get up. It took over an hours and we didn't get up top til 5pm and it had turned dark.