“Beautiful view”

$79.00*
New York City Night on the Town Tour
$149.00*
and up
Viator Exclusive: Empire State Building Experience - Top Deck Express Pass...
Ranked #4 of 1,131 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Top of the Rock Observation Deck, the newly opened, 3-tiered observation deck on the 67th, 69th and 70th floors of 30 Rockefeller Plaza, is New York City's most amazing attraction! The unforgettable experience includes a panoramic 360-degree, unobstructed view from the 70th floor observatory, 850 feet in the sky! Hours of Operation: 8:00 AM - Midnight, last elevator goes up at 11:00 PM.Main entrance is located on 50th Street between 5th & 6th Avenues.
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We bought the city pass so we decided to go to the Empire State during the day and then to the Top of the Rock at night. I think it would have been better to do it the other way because i missed seeing the great Central Park during the day.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

I visited a good friend in NY/NJ for a weekend, and this is one of the places he took me. I can see why!!!! And why it is ranked at the number 1 spot as well!!! This was one of the most amazing views I have EVER seen!!!!! (And i've been on top of the Eiffel Tower even)
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!
I've never seen so many buildings (being a country girl lol) and it just blew my mind how vast the "Big Apple" actually is!! And then on the other side, you see all of Central Park. I love how you have the Huge , bustling, busy City,... and then right in the middle of all the chaos, is the beautiful, paeceful park :)
And i got to actually see how BIG the park is!! I walked about 2 miles or so of it, and being up at the TOTR I was able to see that i hadnt even put a dent in it!!!
And the view right across to the Empire State building is incredible!!!!
I also enjoyed the 3 videos before we went up to inform you on all the history at the Rockefeller Center.
I would LOVE to come back during the Holidays to see the famous Tree and all the Festive Lights!!!! that would have been the ONLY way this could have been a better experince!!

Would do again!!!

Reviewed August 7, 2011

My wife and I went to the Top of the Rock on July 27 2011 around 9:30 in the morning.A beautiful sunny day .No lineup to speak of just on the elevator and up to the top.Walked out on the deck and Wow what a great view of Central Park.Walked over to the other side of the deck Wow what a great view of the Empire State Building.I would highly recommend the TOTR to anybody who wants a great view of the city.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

Great view of Mid-Town Manhattan including the Empire Sate Building as well as Lower Manhattan, the Hudson River and Central Park.
Indoor and outdoor observation decks on three different levels.
History of Rockefeller Center explained in introductory exhibit and movies. Exciting lift ride to the top of the building.
If you go to the Empire State Building you will not be able to see it since you are on top of it. From the angle offered here the Empire State Building will be in the center of your view and your photos.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

Because we had a New York Pass (which is great value, if you're here for a week), we did both the Empire State Building and Top of the Rock, on separate days. Top of the Rock was better because the lineups were much shorter, the space up top much bigger, and you get great views of both Central Park and the Empire State Building. I suppose it's the Rockefeller Centre that blocks the view of the park from ESB.