1,315 results
All reviewsthe breakfast areathe holiday inn expressrooms are smallrockefeller centerfree breakfasttimes squaregreat locationfifth avenueyogurtnew yorkcentral parkking bedfew blocksempire state buildingbudget hoteltea and coffeeplace to sleep
Reviewed May 12, 2009

This hotel is really tiny and may possibly be a litlle hard to find. It is 25 stories tall and has the most amazing view of the city from up there. The room is small but the services you get there are simply splendid. The staff is great. It is fairly new so everything is really nice. Great gym, business center and free access in your rooms if u have ur lappy. I think it is the only place you should stay at if you plan to stay very close to times square as thats is one place thousands of tourists prefer....Trust me on this one and go for it..cheers

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 9, 2009

Location is between 5th & 6th ave 45th street. Me and my wife stayed there for a 10 nights. Overalle it was very nice hotel - breakfast included every morning and room cleaning every day. Rooms are small but as much as need. There is free Internet connection (WiFi and LAN). Our room window was in the courtyard side and was almost quiet. Rooms had a air-conditioner. There was a TV set with 1912 programs

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2009

We (2 adults) stayed here for 5 nights and there was not one thing to complain about. The staff were extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The breakfast every morning was a wonderful bonus - only once was it too crowded to sit (get there early or take it to your room). Elly who works the breakfast area is very friendly. We were on the 22nd floor (top) and our room was at the front and it was very quiet - no noise at all.
Anytime you asked for directions or suggestions from the wonderful staff at the front desk, you got great answers and great directions.
The location is so very central to everything - Times Square and Central Park are both within walking distance, as is Grand Central.
And yes the rooms are small - but they are extremely clean and how much time do you actually spend in your room.
I would absolutely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone going to New York City.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BandDBrooklin_ON
Reviewed April 27, 2009

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on 45th (between 5th and 6th ave). The location was excellent and the hotel was quiet! The rooms are tiny (it IS New York after all!) and the complimentary breakfast at all Holiday Inn Expresses leave a lot to be desired. BUT if you have safe things like cereal and yogurt, it is fine. With kids, it saved us a lot of money. The hotel staff,especially the desk staff, are friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean. It is a functional hotel and a decent price. Not good for a romantic experience probably. But in NYC you spend little time in the room because there is so much to do. I would stay there again. Parking is near the hotel and $35 a day which is a bit less than most hotels.

1  Thank rawfox
Reviewed April 17, 2009

The Holiday Inn Express is located on 45th Street and Fifth Avenue in mid-town Manhattan. It is an unassuming and fine hotel that serves very well as a base while in New-York City. Being centrally located you can walk to Times Square, Rockefeller plaza and other notable places. I found the Rockefeller plaza subway station on 47th street to be the most convenient for me, although you can easily also walk south three blocks to the 5th Ave (42nd St.) subway station.

The rooms are quite small but meticulously clean with all required amenities. The bed, which occupies the majority of the room, is exceedingly comfortable and I had a very good night’s sleep. My room on the 18th floor had double-glazed windows so it was very quiet and I slept well. In front of the bed there is a large television with numerous cable channels. Close to the window is a small desk with a chair and tea kettle. Local calls are free. The shower is strong with hot water always available.

The lobby is small, crammed with dining chairs and tables, and also serves as the breakfast dining area. In the mornings until 10:00am the lobby can be very crowded with people checking-out and a rather long queue to the breakfast buffet. I took a couple of food items (fruit, yogurt) and had breakfast in my room. The free breakfast buffet is upgraded and consists of fruit juices, breakfast cereals, bacon, eggs, toast, muffins, cream cheese, milk , coffee, tee, etc’..

At the lower level of the hotel there are two free internet-enabled computers with a joint laser printer. It was very handy for checking email, reading restaurant reviews, and printing my airline boarding pass.

Service at the hotel is excellent. The hotel staff is always friendly and helpful. The chamber maids do an excellent job of keeping the hotel tidy and reception is always efficient.

I stayed at the hotel in early April, 2009. Official rates were about $270 (without taxes) per night but I was able to book a week long stay at hotel for $100 (without taxes) per night, via a non-refundable internet offer that I had placed about a month prior to my arrival.

In summary, I had a good stay at this hotel and I recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business