$144
$170
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $241/night.

$148
$127
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $210/night.

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$225
$143
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$142
$97
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $163/night.

$174
$149
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $225/night.

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$209
$114
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$116
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $176/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$289
$110
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $163/night.

YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$214
$116
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $184/night.

1,301 results
All reviewsthe breakfast areathe holiday inn expressrooms are smallrockefeller centerfree breakfasttimes squaregreat locationfifth avenueyogurtnew yorkcentral parktwo blocksking bedempire state buildingbudget hoteltea and coffeeplace to sleep
Reviewed April 17, 2009

Having searched through what felt like hundreds of hotels in New York we settled on the Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue mainly because of the unbeliveable price available for our 7 night stay on their website at the time of booking (4 nights at $130 and 3 nights at only $30 plus tax!).. well we couldn't have been more happier with our choice!
The location of the hotel is superb.. walking distance to Times Square, The Rockerfeller Centre, The Empire State Buliding, Central Park, Macy's and Grand Central Station where we took the subway to the southern end of Manhatten for the ferry over to the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and Staten Island.
The rooms are perfectly adequate in size (people who say they are small need to remember this is New York City - all hotel rooms are small - you don't much floor space for your $ dollar!). We had a king bed which was really comfortable, the room was exceptionally clean compared with other hotels I have stayed in - the bathroom sparkling.
All the staff at the Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue are very friendly, going out of thier way in some cases to make your stay enjoyable.
A great added bonus to this hotel (and rare in New York City) is the free breakfast, and what a breakfast it was.. cereals, oats, muffins, bagels, crossaints, french and regular toast, eggs, yogurts, fresh fruit and the all important bacon, sausage patties, scrambled eggs and english muffins! This was buffet style in the lobby and served from 6-10am, you could either eat at the tables surrounding the buffet or take food back up to your room. There was also unlimited, free tea, coffee and fresh fruit left out all day and night in the lobby area.
In conclusion I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anybody as it ticks all the right boxes and more..

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2009

As almost everyone have mentioned, the rooms are very small, and the breakfast area also. But for clean accommodation, a ok breakfast and great location, then look no further. Location can't be beaten, my husband and I walked to all major attractions. Rockfeller was so close, St Patricks Curch ,Time Square, Empire State and so on.
Front desk people are excelent ( congrats Natasha ! you are so nice ! ).And its very quiet, even beeing so close to 5th Avenue no noise at all !

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jordan150
Reviewed March 25, 2009

After extensive research on various travel sights and tripadvisor, decided on this hotel. Chose it primarily for location and value for money. As many others have mentioned, yes, the rooms are small, the breakfast area also. But really, if you're looking for clean accommodation, great breakfast and location, then look no further. Location can't be beaten, and we practically walked to all major attractions. Save your money for shopping and eating, as this is a very expensive city! Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2009

Ideally, I would have liked to give this hotel 31/2 out of five because although it was very practical it didn't really grab me. As others have said, the location was ideal for a leisure visitor to NY. It was right in the centre of Midtown, within walking distance of many major attractions including Fifth Avenue, Central Park, the Rockefeller Centre, Times Square, the Empire State Building, Grand Central Station, the Lincoln Centre, MOMA, Macy's and Bloomingdales......
Check-in was pleasant and efficient . The room and bathroom were very small but clean and functional. There was a free standard HI Express breakfast which is a bonus in this expensive city. The only practical deficiency is that there wasn't a room safe. (I am sensitive to this because on a recent stay at a HI in Paris I used the room safe for my important documents but neglected to put my mp3 player in the safe and it was stolen from my bag.)
It is difficult to assess value for money because I don't have much experience of NY. Another thing that makes it difficult is that the room rates seem to vary a lot with time: when I made the booking a long time in advance of my trip, I found that the room rate was $280 dollars+taxes (online at HI website) but just before travelling I looked again and the room rate had dropped to $180 dollars presumably because of the recession. It didn't matter to me because in the end I had decided to pay with my Holiday Inn Priority Club points but when I return to NY I will have to give this aspect of things some consideration. Why am I not more enthusiastic about this hotel? Well, sometimes when one is on holiday one likes a bit of charm/style in the hotel where one is staying - this is completely missing from this hotel. I found the lobby/breakfast area crammed and rather scruffy. In deciding whether or not to return to this hotel I will take all of the above points into consideration as well as the room prices of nearby hotels that have been recommended to me by friends (The Library and the Hilton Times Square).

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2009

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for 3 nights in March with my daughter.

The location I found to be excellent - 2 blocks from Times Square (about 5mins walk - if that!).

The rooms, although small were very clean and of a good standard with very nice bathrooms and a powerful shower. There was a nice TV with a good range of channels and the free wi-fi in the rooms came in very handy!!

I found the staff to be helpful and courteous and had no problems.

The free breakfast was an added bonus for a New York motel and although there was not a huge range it was still well sufficient and set us up for the day's shopping!

Would definately recommend this hotel for a shopping trip as great value for money with all mod cons!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family