(1) No ketchup...they didn't run out, they don't carry it. (but there are eggs offered!!) For me that killed the usefulness of the breakfast. The free breakfast is pretty good - IF you can maneuver your way around people - the area is MINUTE (not tiny, MINUTE).
(2) Rooms are smaller than what we've experienced - on par with the small rooms in the Club Quarters hotels. Lower level rooms are bigger - we were assigned there first, but curtain was black and being below ground was oppressive so we moved. Bed was comfy. Towels, toiletries were fine. Shower was fine but you cant adjust the pressure or angle of shower head. Extra towels and pillows were brought up within reasonable amount of time.
(3) Don't appreciate 2 desk clerks speaking Spanish between each other when we were checking in and especially when we returned to ask to change rooms. Overall staff was pleasant.
If I HAD to stay here or they dropped their prices a lot, I would stay here again, but I thought I was booking into the 39th Street HIExpress....prefer it WAY MORE than this place.
(4) Good location. VERY VERY VERY noisy all night. Much more than any other hotel I've stayed at in the area in NYC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue Hotel. Built in 2005, the hotel features include complimentary American breakfast, free in-room wireless high-speed internet access and free local phone calls.The Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue is a brand new modern, twenty-two story high rise hotel centrally located within close proximity to numerous restaurants, museums, 5th Ave shopping and the following attractions: Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Grand Central Station, Empire State Building, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Bryant Park, Radio City Music Hall, Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, Broadway Theatre District and the Jacob Javits Convention Center. We are also a short cab ride away from Madison Square Garden, Macy's, Lord and Taylor, American Girl, the Modern Museum of Art, NYU, FIT, and the Chelsea Piers. Stay with us if you are in town to see the Today Show which is right up the street from us, as is the David Letterman Show and Good Morning America. Visit New York City, and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Ave Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Manhattan