My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights. Room was very small, lovely large bed but no room to move around it without bumping into each other!
One small closet to hang clothes in which didn't really bother us all that much but may be a let down to other people. No safe in the room, but there are coffee making facilities.
On the plus side, room was clean, the King size bed was very comfortable, we had a decent sized bathroom (compared to the bedroom) which also had a bath and shower. Breakfast is included, but can be incredibly busy and hard to find a table and chairs to sit at. Breakfast was ok, we are not big on eating breakfast so it served our needs well with a good choice of juice, coffee and even hot tea - which comes with a take out style cup so you can take it with you.
Only 2 lifts which seem to ignore the middle floor rooms and go straight to the top which can lead to delays and annoyance! A few unfortunate people ended up in rooms below ground, so I would always ask for a high room when booking as these seemed to be very warm and just outside the communal computer area. It also took ages to get our luggage when we came to leave - check in is after 3pm and check out is before 11am.
Would I stay here again, probably not. I'd have been disappointed if this was the first time I had stayed in NYC, as the view wasn't great from our room. If this is your first trip I would recommend the Novotel in Times Square and again ask for a high floor as the views down to Times Square are amazing. This hotel is ok for a business traveller who doesn't have many things and people staying on their own. Location is spot on for the area, not quite Times Square but its nice to be outside of that hustle and bustle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Central Fifth Avenue New York Located in the heart of New York City, Hotel Central Fifth Avenue New York is perfect for one who wants to experience the best of Manhattan and Times Square. You will be spoilt for choices by the wide range of activities surrounding the hotel, from musicals at the Theatre District to exhibitions at the Modern Museum of Art, shops at the Fashion District to strolls in Central Park or Bryant Park. If business is what brings you to the city, you will find major commercial buildings often just a short stroll away from the hotel. The Grand Central Station and subways are also easily accessible, seamlessly connecting you to the rest of the city. Stay productive in our 24-hour business center which offers wireless internet access and a range of business support services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Central Fifth Avenue New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Ave Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Manhattan