This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel, The first was in June 2008 and was a good experience. This stay was exceptional. We were upgraded to a room on one of the upper floors as Platinum card members at check-in. We had requested an early check-in and the room was ready. When we entered the room it was delightful. The room was good size for New York City. It was immaculate, fresh smelling and as it was a cold February, warm! The heat was perfect during our three night stay.
The continental breakfast was abundant and good each morning. The staff from the front desk to housekeeping and the breakfast room were all kind, helpful and very good at their jobs. This was in contrast with the other people we met outside the hotel , such as several bus drivers, who were brisk and rude. It was always a pleasure to return to hotel and a warm 'hello'.
The location is fantastic. It is close to the corner of 45 and Fifth avenue. It is a few blocks walk to St. Patrick's, the theatre district, Times Square, Rockefeller Center, MOMA and many great restaurants.
We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to New York City.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue Hotel. Built in 2005, the hotel features include complimentary American breakfast, free in-room wireless high-speed internet access and free local phone calls.The Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue is a brand new modern, twenty-two story high rise hotel centrally located within close proximity to numerous restaurants, museums, 5th Ave shopping and the following attractions: Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Grand Central Station, Empire State Building, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Bryant Park, Radio City Music Hall, Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, Broadway Theatre District and the Jacob Javits Convention Center. We are also a short cab ride away from Madison Square Garden, Macy's, Lord and Taylor, American Girl, the Modern Museum of Art, NYU, FIT, and the Chelsea Piers. Stay with us if you are in town to see the Today Show which is right up the street from us, as is the David Letterman Show and Good Morning America. Visit New York City, and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Ave Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Manhattan