Hotel Central Fifth Avenue New York
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
The Mansfield(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
Sofitel New York(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Iroquois New York(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
City Club Hotel(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,272 results
All reviewsthe breakfast areathe holiday inn expressrooms are smallrockefeller centerfree breakfasttimes squaregreat locationfifth avenueyogurtnew yorkcentral parktwo blocksking bedempire state buildingbudget hoteltea and coffeehotel room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I will admit I was not excited about staying at a Holiday Inn Express while recently in New York for business. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean and quiet. It is centrally located in midtown. It was an easy walk to Times Square and to Grand Central Terminal. Good hot breakfast, but there is no other food available during the day. If you want a snack or a night cap, then you need to visit the many other establishments and hotels located nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side do not have much of a view (you see the building next door), but it is quiet because there is no street noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BatonRougewanderer
GMFifthAvenue, Front Office Manager at Hotel Central Fifth Avenue New York, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Hello BatonRougewanderer,

Thank you for your most recent stay with us. I'm pleased to hear that the staff were able to provide the best possible service to you and our other guest. I'm glad to know you were abble to enjoy the tourist attractions. We hope to have you join us again in the furture!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here for four nights from October 22nd with my wife and two teenage daughters.

Pro's
Great location, less than two blocks to Times Square
Breakfast, lots to choose from cereal, eggs and bacon, pancakes, pastries; eat as much as you like so that you only need a light lunch
Tea and coffee available free of charge 24 hours a day in reception
Friendly and helpful reception staff
Rooms decorated to a good standard and cleaned daily
Bathroom clean and fresh towels daily
Beds were really comfortable
Two lifts that we never had to wait that long for

Cons
Room wasn't that big for four of us. Two double beds took up most of the bedroom space
Noise from outside fan but that may just have been bad luck for our room
Breakfast area wasn't big so if you we're unlucky there was nowhere to sit, the earlier you eat the better

If you're traveling to New York and want accommodation in a good location with clean rooms that provides a good breakfast, you're on a budget, and there's only two of you in a room, then you couldn't ask for much more. You get what you pay for; if you want something more then you have to pay for it. Would I stay here again? Yes but not with four of us in the same room.

Room Tip: Stay on a lower floor and you don't have to wait for the lifts
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Hillma

Hello Ms. Hillma,

Thank you for having choosing the Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue! We are so delighted that your stay was pleasant and memorable. We are committed to guest satisfaction. Your review and comments are welcomed as a guage to measure our level of service. We like to thank you for taking the time to write the review in regards to the Pro's and Con's about the property, we have taken into consideration the con's. We hope to have you join us in the near furture!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The Hotel is a standard Holiday Inn Express. Good bed, nice rooms, good breakfast. I am not really sure when this building was renovated, but these are some thigs I would have done different to provide a better experience.

Reception is really small, there is a column and you can barely make it through with your luggage.
Breakfast area is very small for the quantity of people the hotel hosts, it took me 10 minutes to get pancakes.
There are 2 bedrooms in the first floor that if you remove them, you can make more room for breakfast and reception.
When they are cleaning the rooms, the halls are so narrow and the maid's cars are so wide that is hard to walk and is also hard for them. They have to put things all over the floor to be able toorganize their stuff. Redesigning their cars to make them more narrow and comfortable would help, not using the standard from bigger places.
Elevator is slow, needs to be upgraded.
Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: good location, 2 blocks from Times Square, half a block from 5th Avenue. Elevator is slow, get a low level floor. If you go high you will no get a good view, you will see the dirty back of other buildings.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
GMFifthAvenue, Front Office Manager at Hotel Central Fifth Avenue New York, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Hello MexKazI,

like to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue during your most recent visit to NYC. We like to extend our apology to you for not meeting your expectations. We hope that you decide to give us another opportuntiy not for the size of our breakfast area but for the committment of service that each of our guest recieve during their stay. Thank you again and hope to have you join us again in the near future!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I feel weird even admitting this, but I had a strange experience here. First night, no problems. I was a little creeped out but I thought it was because of our view (an old building and alley) that made me feel like I was not in the best neighborhood. The next day I went shopping while my husband made some business calls. They claim this to be a great place for business people but we had no cell service. He had to leave because his line kept getting crossed with someone else's & all he could hear was heavy breathing.
While I was in the shower I could hear a man talking, slightly muffled. I thought it was my husband coming to join me. I realize walls are thin but when I called to my husband, his voice was much fainter than what I heard before. I thought maybe it was coming in through the vents, or what if there was a peeping Tom? So I began looking around for a vent or a peep hole. That is when a woman said loudly, very clearly, "What are you lookin at?!"
I have never had this kind of thing happen before. The next morning when I walked into the bathroom & turned the light on, a towel fell off the wall. I went to watch the Today show while my husband went back to bed. He was awakened by the tv being on. Static. The remote was on the bedside table not near him.
Whether its a ghost or peeping Tom with electrical problems, I would not stay here again. Especially the 12th floor, because it is actually the 13th because there is a mezzanine floor that is not numbered.
It was a clean hotel, but only one elevator and 22 floors, we waited 15 min for an elevator. When it came, it was full so we walked down 12 flights of stairs. The location is great, but so are many others in NYC, I reccommend checking those places out.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Jetsetter1218

Hello Jetsetter1218,

I like to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue during your most recent visit to NYC. We like to extend our apology to you for not meeting your expectations. We hope that you decide to give us another opportuntiy in the future.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Centrally located on 45th between 5th and 6th -- walk to theatres, walk to museums, walk to subway (nearest stop is Rockefeller Center on 47th and 6th but also within a few blocks from Grand Central!). And we walked to Empire State, Times Square, Morgan Museum etc. Room was extremely small -- but who cares - you are in NYC and you are on the go and outside all the time! When it came time to crash and sleep -- beds were very comfortable and it was surprisingly quiet for being so centrally located! We were on 19th floor. Comp breakfast is served in the lobby and if there is a huge tour group it's a mess. But that's ok -- grab your omelette, muffins and coffee and take it up to your room -- omelette was freshly made, and the pastries were good. I would stay here again and would recommend it.

I cannot honestly give it a 5 only because the rooms are small--but it is pretty standard size for NYC! If I could I would shave off only 1/2 point and rate this 4.5.

Room Tip: Ask to be on higher floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Anarom j,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday In Express Fifth Avenue during your recent stay in NYC.We are pleased and estatic that you have made the Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue your preferred destination stop. The Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue strive to provide the best service and commitment to all of our guest. Your comments and review lets us know that we are heading in the right direction. Thank You!