We have stayed in a lot of Holiday Inn Express properties, mostly because I find the beds/sheets/linens are consistent property to property (comfortable!) and I love the free hot breakfast. I was concerned that in NYC I would run into problems I hear are consistent with many budget friendly hotels (loud street noise, cramped rundown outdated rooms, rude staff, having to pay for everything - breakfast/wifi).
I was so pleased that none of this true at this property!! The staff were nothing but wonderful and accommodating. Our room, albeit small (you will find this in EVERY hotel room in this city, you want a big spacious room, splurge for a $700/night suite somewhere), was spotless, modern, and the beds were comfortable. We had zero street noise, in fact, I could not even hear anyone in any of the neighboring rooms. Wifi is free and high quality (I noted that in a lot of other hotels you must pay for wifi).
Breakfast was hot (eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, pancakes, cold/hot cereal, fruit and yogurt), and the staff worked tirelessly to make sure everything was stocked. The breakfast area is tight, but they have done an excellent job arranging the seating, and my husband and I never had to wait to sit down. Yes people are conversing amongst themselves.... you want a quiet private breakfast, either take it to your room (via the convenient and readily available trays) or go buy it yourself in a restaurant. Good luck finding a free breakfast of this quality at this room price somewhere else.
There were some complaints made by other reviewers, but really I feel they are unwarranted and the writers had a ridiculous notion of what to expect from a hotel in NYC. For the price, and being 1 block off of the center of Times Square, and within walking distance of Rockefellar Plaza, The Theatre District, ect..... this cannot be beat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue Hotel. Built in 2005, the hotel features include complimentary American breakfast, free in-room wireless high-speed internet access and free local phone calls.The Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue is a brand new modern, twenty-two story high rise hotel centrally located within close proximity to numerous restaurants, museums, 5th Ave shopping and the following attractions: Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Grand Central Station, Empire State Building, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Bryant Park, Radio City Music Hall, Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, Broadway Theatre District and the Jacob Javits Convention Center. We are also a short cab ride away from Madison Square Garden, Macy's, Lord and Taylor, American Girl, the Modern Museum of Art, NYU, FIT, and the Chelsea Piers. Stay with us if you are in town to see the Today Show which is right up the street from us, as is the David Letterman Show and Good Morning America. Visit New York City, and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Ave Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Manhattan