“We went the experince and loved the food. The great staff top it off.”
Review of Ninja New York

Ninja New York
Reserve with OpenTable
Ninja New York is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #457 of 14,396 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Between Duane St & Reade St
Transit: 1,2,3 train @ Chambers St
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We arrived on a late flight into Newark our Driver was over an hour late leaving the airport on a cold wet night. So being tiered and new to town. I would say it was a great fun filled diner experience. All the staff was fun and very pleasant to interact with.

The service and quality of food was very good.

Just as a personal observation I read a lot of reviews before traveling and going to restaurants so I have to wonder about some of the poor reviews... So here is my two cents worth. This is a restaurant were everyone is working fairly hard to keep you amused and entertained why still delivering a quality product from the kitchen (Which I think they do). Its hard enough when you just a restaurant with out the theatrics.

If you like sushi and a little distraction this is it (Make sure you get the magician it adds to the fun)

Reviewed December 28, 2013

The restaurant itself was really good! Go there and you will not regret it.

Ambience is really good and the place / tables comfortable.

Food-wise it was a really good and fresh Japanese restaurant with attention to detail.

You can either go for an a la carte selection or a set menu. The set menu portions are very good so you might not need something extra.

In our case we had two set menus for 2, one extra appetizer and one extra main and we couldn't finish them (and all the four of us were really hungry).

Service wise it is really good and you will definitely won't ask for something more as it seems like all the people working there are enjoying it and you can feel that vibe!

Money-wise, for a Japanese was ok. Of course it always depends so I am putting what we had and the decision is yours!
We had 2 set menus for two, 1 extra main, 1 extra appetizer and a bottle of red wine ($44) and what we paid was approximately $280 (tip included) so approximately $70 per head!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I went with my husband, son, daughter in law and their children, ages 3 and 6. The atmosphere was fantastic - dark and cave- like, and groups have separate rooms. The waiters are very attentive, funny and friendly. A magician comes to the table before dinner (expect to tip) and delighted us all with his tricks. Menu items with stars are served "artistically", meaning with some sort of smoke, fire, or magic.

It was a fairly expensive night, $250 for the 6 of us. The kids enjoyed their sushi, and I would recommend ordering the chocolate cake as the presentation is magical. However, my husband and I are vegetarians and we ordered marbled vegetables and tofu salad which I definitely do not recommend.

This was great for a one time experience, and one I am sure the six year old will remember.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

- Attended - 2 adults, 2 kids (4 year old, 8 year old)
- Time - 5pm
- Atmosphere - The atmosphere was good as they bring you through a dark hallway, down elevator and into your own private eating area that is private and looks like a old ninja village.
- Wait staff - Dressed up in costume as ninja and talk and do things that the kids like; Decent service; They did some fire food tricks to amuse the kids.
- Food - Horrible. We ordered Teriyaki chicken that was just grilled chicken (it was pretty much all grisle and fat) with teriyake sauce on the side (absolutely horrible). When we asked a manager to remove the $28 grisle chicken dish we were told that he could only give us half off because we ate half of it which was obsurd. The other chicken (fried) wasn't bad but how can you mess that up.
- Pricing - Way over priced for terrible food
- Upside - they did give the kids headbands and ninja knives (which they loved). They had a magician at the end of the meal which was one of the highlights.
- Recommendation - Go there to grab an appitizer and experience the place then go out to dinner for real food after.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

A group of 11 of us came here for a friend's birthday, initially it was difficult to get a reservation (so book early), and now I know why! This is not just a restaurant where you go to catch up and eat (sure you do that too), but the decor actually feels like you're in a ninja movie (plus all the people dressed up as Ninja's walking/jumping around)! The food is also brilliant, and the portion sizes, for the price, is brilliant! I ordered a box that was meant for one person, but luckily shared with a friend.. We still couldn't finish it! The staff are great, and really quite funny! This plus all the various magic shows and fire presentations of your food is 100% worth the visit. I would definitely come here again!