“Great place for kids and grown ups who are really kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ninja New York

Ninja New York
Reserve with OpenTable
Ninja New York is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #606 of 13,548 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese, American, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Between Duane St & Reade St
Transit: 1,2,3 train @ Chambers St
Israel
“Great place for kids and grown ups who are really kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Searched for a good theme restaurant to take the kids when visiting NYC. Found Ninja and was not disappointed. Every part of the visit was an experience, starting from the opening "ninja path" (just a dark corridor but the kids loved it). The actuall meal itself (with ninjas trying to surprise us every few minutes). and the private magic show towards the end.

The food was fine. Some dishes were excellent. Others were good.

The kids loved it and definitely said it was one of the highlights of their trip (given all that they did, this is high praise indeed).

Probably less fun for an adult-only group.

If you have kids - go!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank dr63

New York
“A fun night for adventurous kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

We had some friends coming into town for an 11 year old's birthday, and this looked like a fun place to try. From the elevator ride and trip to our table, the kids were already into it. They put a Ninja headband on the birthday girl, and jumped out at us in a way that was fun. As we read the menu, we could hear other guests yelling as they got surprised. One of our Ninja's even enlisted the three kids to go scare another table. It was fun.

As for the food, there were some good options. The cocktail menu was unusual, but what I liked were the creative non-alcoholic concoctions. I got one with lychee and it was delicious. The kids also got fancy glasses and they loved it.

The food was hit or miss. Two of the kids got Caesar salads and there was too much dressing. My cerviche appetizer was only so-so. The spider roll entree was good, and the steaks got raves.All of the sushi was solid, and a chicken terriaki entree was enjoyed by my friend. Some of the dishes have dry ice or fire presentations that were unusual.

Before dinner, a magician came into the small room, and the kids loved him. He was very funny and clearly an actor as well, and the card tricks were solid.

At the end, they brought out a dessert for the birthday girl.

My one wish was that we'd learned a little more about the feudal time period in Japan, or about what actual Ninjas were and how they lived, but that was probably a stretch on my part. It was also pricy.

I'm not sure I'd go back just for the meal, but it's a great place to take high-energy kids. They had a ball.

• Visited December 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“The food is delicious and the atmosphere so fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We went expecting it to be a bit schmaltzy and gimmicky but were happily surprised to find that the food is really quite good. The atmosphere is fun with a bit of tongue in cheek but not over the top kitsch. Not really for small children, but good fun for adults with tweens and teens. Courses were enjoyed by adults and kids alike. We opted for the fixed price/course menu and were very well fed-unable to finish our dinners.

• Visited April 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I don't want to give away too much but this place is well worth the visit. Hilariously funny and great fun but unlike a lot of themed restaurants, the theme is not there to compensate for substandard food because the choice and quality was excellent. I opted for a "fixed price" menu at $58 and there was too much ! I had to take a doggy bag. I've seen one review that said this place was pricy. Not at all ! . Brilliant waiters and a great night out but not for anybody with a weak heart or no sense of humour. Seriously, try this place. I wish there was one in England!

• Visited November 2013
“Ninja party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

First of all I was sure it was going to be super fun,..by the reception at arrival I knew this is a special place
well it was...smaller or larger groups are accepted there so easily can make birthday parties there.
must say the cheese and artichoke dip is tooooo good we had two of it..it s nothing like you expect with sushi its like a French fondue
sashimi sushi rolls are good...and the chicken teriyaki sauce is the best they have
lamb chops are tasty and perfectly cooked
I'm not telling anything about the experience of the ninjas....its a surprise it s funny and hilarious....hehe

• Visited November 2013