“Cheap, Convenient, Basic...”

Imperial Court Hotel
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed here for a week as it was the cheapest hetel available with ensuite rooms in Manhatten. The rooms are basic but clean. There is a fridge, microwave and coffee maker although the coffee maker took forever so take a travel kettle. There was also nothing to stir coffee etc to take a tea spoon. The hotel in very central and down/upton New York is easily accessible via 79th or 81st street subways. If you're looking for a reasonably priced place just to leave your stuff, shower and sleep then this is perfect if you are the sort to be out and about in the city from dawn til middle of the night as we were.

Room Tip: Request that you would like an ensuite, particularly if you are the sort to come and go often. Rooms...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 25, 2012

shared bathroom? don't do it !
tiny room and not nice, very old TV and bed almost falling down,
nice location but the hotel is not so nice inside.
the corridors were not clean enough

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
4  Thank asahNewYork
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed here for one week. First impressions were good on arrival, the area seemed lovely and the entrance/reception was fancy. The hallways are ruin down and the rooms are awfull. Each room Is in need of some major refurbishment. Our safe didn't work along with some other things in our room and we had to ask the front desk staff to help us about 4 times The staff have very bad customer service skills and practically ignore you when your standing there, instead they prepare to watch the TV. We didn't have much dealings with them so this didn't bother us that much. It is in a lovely location with great restaurants and cafes in the immediate area. Try Big Nicks Burger joint and Pizza joint it's around the block on Broadway and it's YUMMy. It's very close to the subway in which you can travel all around new York by. We didn't spend much time in out hotel so it was really just the location we wer after. There's The lovely riverside park beside it, which is so nice for a stroll in the mornings. On our last night in the hotel, the rooms had barely been clean. I was sitting on the ledge of the window and notice something small run across the corner of my eye. I said to my partner did he see it and was it a mouse, which he then said to me I must of been imagining it. So we sat there for another couple of minutes when all of a suddenly this little black mouse appeared again. The too of us jumped up and ran our of the room. I've such a big fear of mice so this was my worst nightmare, all I could think of was it was in my bag or something with all my new clothes. When my partner went down to the reception he looked at him as if this was normal and told him he couldn't move us until the morning, which my partner assured him there was no way that I was going to sleep in this room after seeing this. After some convincing he finally moved us to a bottom floor room which was in no better state but at least we weren't sharing it with any unwanted guest well at least I hope not. I stayed awake the whole nite and couldnt wait to leave the next day, we even left early for the airport. I wouldn't stay in this hotel again in its current state however if the complete the revamp which there currently in the process of and the employ some better staff I would reconsider as it has a lot of potential to be a great hotel. Hope this helps.... V :)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2012

this hotel was very basic and is still being renovated on a large scale..basic rooms clean enough but notting special very simple! fine for 2/3 days stop! but big warning very ignorant and lazy staff! never helped with anything!..i urge anyone who wants to stay in a very helpful/friendly envoirment to avoid this hotel it wasnt worth it with the money i paid for and i recomand other hotels a few blocks down 1 and 2 stars that were far better that this place!

Room Tip: go for the top!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 27, 2012

The hotel is ok for this price range, some problem with AC who made a lot of noice but accept from that ok. The service in the reception was realy bad, they where rude and not the least interested in helping out with simple questions. i will not use this hotel again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2012

On the Upper West Side, very close to the subway, and safe area to walk around at night. However the staff were incredibly rude. Only one friendly staff member who worked on the weekends at night. Not helpful at all, they acted as if we were an inconvenience when we checked in and then anytime after that, even asking simple questions was made into a huge drama.

Stay at the hotel as you won't find much cheaper in the area but just be prepared for terrible customer service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kateshep
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We were accomodated here for 9 nights in April. This hotel is in safe location near subway. The room was spacious and tidy. We appreciate the kitchen and a bathroom here. We had a very comfortable bed. There were some malfunctions with toillet, but it was repaired. I don't like the windows which can't be opened on our room and the air and wind went through them. It could be a little bit problem in winter. But finally I would like to say that we were satisfied, the price was good for the room with bathroom in Manhattan. If you are undemanding travellers I can recommend it to you.

Room Tip: The rooms in higher floor should be better because of view and because of the noise from street.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple