2,633 results
All reviewsbryant parktimes squarethe empire state buildinggreat locationnew yorksofa bedfull size fridgefree breakfastthird floorthe breakfast areayogurtsmall kitchenfew blockshigh floorcorner roomherald squarerockefeller center
Reviewed May 23, 2010

Everything you'd expect from Marriott and Residence Inn properties. Larger than many rooms in the city with usual furniture for a residence inn. Kitchenette is nice for basic food/cooking (microwaving...). But with this much food in the area, who is really cooking in their rooms? Clean. Good breakfast included with the room (go early).

All Res Inns tend to have lower quality bedding and towels... I find these to be somewhat better than at other properties here. The location is great - you can walk to Times Square within minutes (about 4 blocks) and Ave of the America's is plentiful for grabbing cabs if you choose to do that. You are close to the subway as well for trips where you may be venturing a bit farther up or down the island.

One room is probably good for a small family as you can pull out the couch and use the bed - however that will leave very little space, so I'd say "sleeps 4" really means that... "sleeps" and not "lives".

I'll continue to frequent this property when it is avialable due to location and value. At the usual cost, it is a great value. When you get up to $500/night, it becomes more difficult to justify given the comparable quality at other hotels.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
GMNYCRI, Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2010

4RealBeach, thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I do agree our rooms are bigger than most rooms in the city. Our towels and sheets are of great quality and that is one frequent compliment we get. I definitely think you are right about our rooms being able to "sleep" 4 but are not made to live with 4 people. The pull out sofabed is great for small children but not as comfortable for two adults to share. I am happy to hear you will continue to stay here at our property, we look forward to seeing you back here soon!

Reviewed May 10, 2010

We had a wonderful time at the Residence Inn. I travelled with my husband and adult daughter so there were 3 of us in the room for 7 nights. My booking was based solely on reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. Location was great. 1 block from Times Square and across the road from Bryant Park. We walked almost everywhere even down to Soho which was a great area. Cabs were very cheap so we didn't use the subway. I had requested and we got a room with a view of the Empire State Building which was lovely. The staff were very friendly and the complimentary breakfast was amazing. We had no trouble with the lifts or with queues at breakfast. We did go out for breakfast on the weekends as there are so many great coffee shops close by. Le Pain Quotidien was a fantastic spot for bowls of coffee and french pastries and breads. Bryant Park Grill was a beautiful restaurant in the park and we also loved the Rock Centre Cafe in Rockefeller Plaza. Great Steaks and Banana Splits.

All in all we loved the Hotel's location, staff and the room. Only negative was the sofa bed. It was so uncomfortable!!!! We had to take turns sleeping in it as 2 nights in a row would be too painful. The other bed was really lovely.

We loved New York!!! It was our first time there and I think it is easily the best city in the world. The people are so lovely and there is so much to do. We will be back next year and will stay at the Residence Inn again.

So depressing to be back in Australia and the horrible dull city of Perth.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dalelove
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Clean ans well equipped rooms. The kitchen is really useful, don't forget to ask for hot plates if you are in a cooking mood !
The location is ideal : several metro lines in only a 2 or 3 minute-walking-distance.
Breakfast was ok since it's free, but really "american" (no offense !) : sausages, scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes,... We would have appreciated just ham or cheese for instance.
I would definitely recommend this Hotel (as it has been to us), we spent 8 nights there with our toddler, the baby crib was kindly provided by the Hotel.

2  Thank makiema
GMNYCRI, Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2010

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The kitchens do provide a great amenity in New York City especially if you want to bring home leftovers from all the great restaurants in the area! It is also great that you were able to cook for yourself, it is a nice feature we are very proud of. I am delighted you liked the rooms, we hope to see you back here again soon!

Reviewed May 9, 2010

We stayed here for about 10 days in November last year (2009). We had a studio room with a kitchenette.

The hotel was very clean, very comfortable and in a fabulous location! The room was fairly large for a New York hotel. It had a big king size bed, sofa and 2 bar chairs with a large closet and a great little kitchen.

It was important to us to have a fridge, microwave and a way to make food if we wanted to and this hotel offered exactly that! A hotplate was available on request and we did use it one night. The kitchen had everything you would need to prepare a meal and also had a full sized fridge.

The hotel is in a fabulous location and was only 10 minutes walk to Central Park and only 2 blocks from Times Square. It really was a great location.

The noodle shop a few doors down was awesome too!

We really had a great time at this hotel. They had a small snack station down in the lobby to purchase snacks and alcohol without having to leave the hotel! They also had fresh fruit at the desk daily and we were encouraged to take a few pieces everyday!

The breakfast was ok, I have had better but it was free and was a great start to the day!

They also have a laundry in the basement which was easy to access. Made travelling with a baby much easier as we could wash our clothes daily.

Loved this hotel and will stay here again on our next trip to NYC!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Bubbly_B
Reviewed May 7, 2010

Sleep well...lol Have no complaints. will stay again. I recommend you stay ther as well. clean neat and most of all great service

Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business