“Best hotel in midtown!”

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square
Ranked #207 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 23, 2009

This is, hands down, the best midtown hotel I've stayed in. The rooms are immaculate, the complimentary breakfast is superb, and our floor was extremely quiet. Safe and easy to access location, easy walk to Penn Station or Grand Central. Would definitely stay here in the future.

2  Thank travelcal
GMNYCRI, Hotel Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2009

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write such a complimentary review of our hotel. It is always a pleasure to share such comments with my staff.

Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance to you.

Gwen D Lytle

Write a ReviewReviews (2,447)

Reviewed April 22, 2009

This was such a great travel experience that a year later I'm thinking about it and wishing I was back there!! The location was super convenient to everything. Lovely location near Bryant Park, a quick walk to Times Square, FIfth Avenue, Central Park and Upper West Side, and a straight shot downtown as well. On two nights we had four in the room, two in the double bed and two on the foldout couch and we didn't feel cramped. Having the kitchenette was amazing as we could have the option of doing breakfast in the room (though the free breakfasts were incredible) or takeout and it was easy to keep snacks and juices, etc., on hand. The floor where breakfasts and evening snacks are served looks like a cozy library, broken up into smaller areas with comfy furniture and a really nice vibe. NY Times available in the mornings if you don't sleep too late, too!! My sister, who works in the city, was wishing she could find a little apartment JUST LIKE this hotel room. Have also stayed at the Marriott Marquis, which had lovely rooms and right on Times Square, but the amenities here and the kitchenette made us all feel much more at home.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank ramblinroad

WOW - a year later - that is fantastic that you took the time to review our hotel. I love this location and product. I am so glad you feel the same way.

Please come visit us again real soon and let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed April 20, 2009

WOW!!!! I am very impressed on the customer service!!!! Unbelievable...the employees/staff LOVE their job and was sincerely amazingly courteous/willing to assist us!!! Room was clean...still can't believe how they truly care!!! You don't find that in too many places

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank mlrptrsn

What a super nice review! Thank you so much for staying with us and also taking the time to post such a kind review on TripAdvisor. I will certainly celebrate your comments with my staff.

Reviewed April 15, 2009

my atay at the residence inn was wonderfull, great attentive staff with a clean room . I loved the fitness center and was impressed how prompt housekeeping was when i called the front desk for some trash bags and within minutes they were knocking on my door with them. To park your vehicle in their garrage was a little pricey, but that was my only gripe. Loved it and will go back.

2  Thank samzz
Reviewed April 15, 2009

When I made my reservation I asked for adjoining rooms. I was travelling with my husband, young daughter and my elderly mother. I was told they would not guarantee adjoining rooms but assured me the rooms would be on the same floor in close proximity. We arrived at approx. 1:00pm and one room was ready the other was not. We were allowed to check in early to the room that was ready and we were told to come back after 4:00pm to check into the other room. Around 5:30pm I phoned the hotel to tell them I would not be back to the hotel until around 8:00pm and they assured me my other room was ready and it would not be assigned to someone else. When I arrived at approx. 8:00pm I was given a room 6 floors apart from the room we had already checked into. I spoke with the manager Monique. Monique was rude and condescending.
She told me that there were not any rooms on the same floor available. I explained how I called earlier and I was told the room was ready on the same floor and that I was assured that the room would not be given to someone else. She said there was nothing else she could do that they were giving me a complimentary upgrade in the room 6 floors away from the other room. This was a MAJOR inconvenience for us. I was very disappointed especially about how I was spoken to by Monique. Besides Monique the experience was overall good. The rooms were comfortable, the breakfast was great, the location was conveinent and the remainder of the staff was overall friendly.

2  Thank ConnecticutDenise
Reviewed April 5, 2009

This hotel doesn't appear to be amazing from the lobby, which is rather small. However, don't let first impressions deter you from staying here! We loved staying at the Residence Inn! We had reserved two rooms for six of us and they asked us if we'd prefer to be in a two-bedrooms suite, which was wonderful. There were two very large bedrooms (each with own bath) with a completely separate living room between them with a sofabed. Also a nice kitchen and full-size refrigerator! The touches to make it more like home are so nice (huge lounge area, wonderful breakfast,afternoon snacks). Plus free wireless high speed internet was nice to have.

I'm not sure why this is considered "Times Square" because it is actually a ten-minute walk from the center of Times Square. We loved the area -- lots of bead/jewelry shops (6th Ave.) and other great shopping as well (Macys, Herald Square, etc.). It is very close to Madison Square Garden and Penn Station, too. We actually preferred this location, being closer to midtown, over Times Square. Our room was extremely clean and very spacious. The Residence Inn will be our place to stay for future trips to the city!

1  Thank AmishLou
Reviewed March 22, 2009

This is a friendly, clean hotel in an excellent location. You can easily walk to 5th Avenue or Times Square. The staff were helpful and polite at all times.

We had a one bedroom suite with a kitchen which was handy. Try not to get one with an adjoining room. We were fine for the first four days with the quiet family was next door, but on the 5th day the loud family moved in. We could hear them clearly..too clearly. Thankfrully, they went to bed early. We did not make this an issue with the hotel. These people were just loud.

The hotel advertises a light snack from Monday through Wednesday, but they actually offered more of a light dinner e.g. pasta, BBQ chicken, soup and salad. Fruit was available as well as iced tea, lemonade, coffee and tea.

The breakfast buffet was fine with all the standard offerings .Our daughter enjoyed making her own waffle.

We would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family