Visited New York with my husband and daughter as their christmas gift from me, we travelled on christmas day. Arriving very late at the hotel we where met by very welcoming staff, our room 3310 had amazing views of the Empire State. the room had a King size bed with a sofa bed, (the only fault with the sofa bed which our daughter slept on it was not long enough and she had to sleep crossways on the bed, and not that comfortable) she managed as we walked most of the day and she was wrecked. well situated for most of the sites. If you want to visit the Empire State and Liberty Island make sure you are there for the ticket office opening or you could be there all day or not see at all. Sex in the City tour very good and worth the money (cheaper to book from the UK) cab fare from JFK $50 including toll (pick cab up from proper pick up point outside of airport). Roxy diner in Times Square is amazing value (did not know if i should climb it, eat it or stick a flag on it) and the Olive Garden in Times Square different but just as good. best to walk around Central Park than get the carriage as you miss so much we walked for about three hours. Visited the Dakota building off Central Park and make sure you visit Strawberry Fields in Central Park. lots of lovely friendly squirrels around the park.
Walk around Little Italy and China Town and there is the lower east side which has a museum for tenement buildings but once again get there early to book a guided tour. plenty on but go very quickly. hop on hop off bus is a must around down town and uptown Manhattan and Brooklyn and we also got on the Staten Island ferry which is every 30 minutes and is free avoid going peak times as people travel to work and back on it. If you want to go to a Broadway show book at home as you have to queue for tickets and by the time you get to the front the show is sold out unless you want to pay lots of money for a show you do not really want to see. Back to the Residence Inn, check out is very good and you can leave your luggage and collect when you are ready. breakfast is very good for setting you up for the day only minus was there could have been more healthy options such as fresh fruit and water. The lift is not the quickest especially at breakfast times. All in all the stay was very good for the price and I would not hesitate staying again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From weekend getaways to extended stays, Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square positions you in the beating heart of New York City. Embark on dynamic adventures to the Empire State Building, Central Park, Javits Center and Bryant Park. Encounter rejuvenation in our spacious suites. We deliver homelike comforts with our complimentary Wi-Fi, kitchenettes and luxurious bedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Splitty, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Times Square New York Hotel New York City
- Residence Inn New York City
- Marriott New York City
- New York City Residence Inn
- New York City Marriott