Stayed here as a single female in July 2013 and really enjoyed it. The location is pretty good (a few blocks from 42nd St) and the staff were friendly, helpful and professional (none of which I was expecting in NYC).
I didn't feel unsafe at all in this part of town, so if you're a nervous traveller or this is your first time to NYC, this is a good place to start.
Loved the breakfast which was included in the rate, and the ambiance of the chill out area near the breakfast hall - it's nice to have a place to just sit and watch TV while waiting for the room to be ready etc.
The only negative point (very minor) is the lifts - they are soooo slow! Hopefully by now they have improved the lifts.
Would recommend to anyone, in particular single females.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From weekend getaways to extended stays, Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square positions you in the beating heart of New York City. Embark on dynamic adventures to the Empire State Building, Central Park, Javits Center and Bryant Park. Encounter rejuvenation in our spacious suites. We deliver homelike comforts with our complimentary Wi-Fi, kitchenettes and luxurious bedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Times Square New York Hotel New York City
- Residence Inn New York City
- Marriott New York City
- New York City Residence Inn
- New York City Marriott