I have just stayed in the Hotel for 5 nights, with my wife and two teenage kids. We had two double bed suites. The rooms were perfect good size with two double beds and a very nice kitchen area.We have stayed in New York a few times and in a lot more expensive hotels and this hotel ticks all the boxes for nearly half the price of some hotels. The comments about the lifts are rubbish, there are four lifts and get you to your floor so fast the floor counter can't keep up. It was a bit slower at breakfast time but to be expected with half the guests moving around.Breakfast is served until 9.30 and is nothing fancy but ok, we went to a deli a couple of doors down and got great breakfast options for around 3 dollars.The bar is on the 3rd floor and looks out over 6th Av good for watching the world go by it has around 6 big flat screens with all the sport etc,there is also a pool table which is free.
Check in was swift and smooth we had a couple of things to sort out next day and these were sorted out with ease.The whole hotel is clean and tidy and our room was serviced every day to a high standard. I found other hotels near Madison Square Gdns and Times Square very noisy at night with the usual fire engines and traffic noise but this one was very quiet we were on the 25 the floor.The construction site across the road is well underway and most of the steelwork will be completed in the next month I would say so not to much noise,anyway we were there to see NYC
Not stay in the room.Altough the beds were so comfy I could have stayed there all day!
The location is fantastic a short walk to Times Square,Empire State,Macys all within a couple of minutes.Bryant Park is 200 - 300 mtrs up the road and is a nice place to sit and watch the world go by.The hotel is not the most glitzy from the outside but is very good inside,overall a great place to stay, I have just recommended it to friends who have booked up and would not even bother searching for another hotel if we return would just book it again.So book up now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take advantage of amenities including a free daily breakfast and newspaper delivery, and free high-speed wireless Internet throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Marriott and Orbitz so you can book your Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Times Square New York Hotel New York City
- Residence Inn New York City
- Marriott New York City
- New York City Marriott
- New York City Residence Inn