I just returned back from a two night stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Times Square New York and am happy to report that we made an excellent choice for our stay. The Residence Inn by Marriott Times Square is located at the intersection of Avenue of the Americas (better know to those from out of town as 6th Avenue) and 39th Street. The hotel is extremely well situated for those on vacation in New York City for the hotel is in close proximity (walking distance) to most of the major tourist spots. Herald Square, Macy's department store and various other shopping malls and stores are about three/four blocks south of the hotel, the Empire State building is three/four blocks south of the hotel, Times Square is three blocks north of the hotel and so on. The blocks are not very big so the walking time to all these spots is about 2-5 minutes which is great.
The hotel is located in a safe clean area making it very easy to walk around everywhere without any worries. There are also various subway stations located around the hotel for those wishing to take the subway to other areas of the city. Despite the close proximity to all these various tourist spots, there was neither noise nor confusion near or around the hotel unlike the ones located directly in Times Square.
The hotel is new and nicely decorated. There is a beautiful modern lounge area located on the third floor of the hotel where the guests can relax. It is an actual "lounge" for resting appointed with chairs, couches and TV's. There is also a bar area for those wishing to have a drink. The hotel offers its guests complimentary coffee and tea there so it is a really nice place to unwind after a long day in the city.
Complimentary breakfast buffet is also offered on the third floor in the morning and unlike other hotels in the city, the eating area is large enough to accommodate everyone without feeling crowded in side by side. The buffet breakfast offers a variety of choices such as the conventional scrambled eggs, sausage patties, and pancakes as well as low fat organic yogurts; various cereal choices; hot oatmeal with raisins, pecans and brown sugar; fresh fruit; various juices; bagels; English muffins and pastries. The food was of good quality and there was enough variety to please the whole family.
The room was very large and clean. We booked a suite appointed with a double bed and sleeper sofa. The suite also had a kitchen which came in very handy. Having driven down, we were able to save some money by bringing some bottled water and sandwiches with us which were kept fresh in the fridge. The kitchen was fully appointed with knives, forks, glasses, cups, etc. There was also a kitchen table. This is great for those wishing to eat breakfast in their room or those with little children. The bed was extremely comfortable, as usual throughout the Marriott hotels. Naturally, the sofa bed was not as comfortable as the conventional bed but we simply put an additional comforter on the bed and slept well without any problems.
Several of the rooms located on the higher floors also offer a view on the Empire State Building but not all. I would recommend trying to ask for one if you are picky about the view from your hotel room.
There is parking available under the hotel for $50.00 a day however we were fortunate enough to find parking on 39th Street and saved our money. I would recommend doing the same. If by chance you are unable to find a spot, I would only then recommend opting for the valet parking offered by the hotel.
To conclude, I would definitely not hesitate to book at the Residence Inn the next time I am in New York City. The hotel is very comparable to Hampton Inn Times Square North but has a larger and nicer breakfast area as well as a more centrally located emplacement. The only negative aspect of our stay was the congestion of the elevators during the breakfast hours. I would highly recommend getting breakfast before 8:30 am in order to avoid the crowds going down to the third floor. All in all, great value and a solid four star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the top hotels in Times Square, Residence Inn by Marriott New York Manhattan/Times Square invites you to take advantage of the many wonderful amenities we provide for business and leisure travelers. Our Bryant Park hotel's free daily breakfast and newspaper delivery offers a great way to start the day, and our free high-speed wireless Internet is available throughout our hotel 24 hours a day. Our all-suite accommodations give you the space you need to work or relax after a long day in New York City. From our Bryant Park hotel's excellent central location, you can access all that NYC has to offer: restaurants, bars, attractions, and corporate offices. Of course, should you want to stay at our hotel, we have a cozy lounge and bar that you may linger in. Visit us at Residence Inn by Marriott New York Manhattan/Times Square! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Times Square New York Hotel New York City
- Residence Inn New York City
- Marriott New York City
- New York City Residence Inn
- New York City Marriott