“Another awesome stay at the Residence Inn!”

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square
Ranked #211 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Times Square Residence this past weekend and had a great time. I had requested a room with a view of the Empire State Building and they not only accommodated that, they gave us a corner room very high up. The views were amazing! We could see from the skyline from the Chrysler Building all the way down the World Trade Center. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. We didn't eat the free buffet breakfast but grabbed a couple pieces of fruit to get ourselves going. I can't say enough good things about this place.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LizTravels_13
Write a ReviewReviews (2,452)

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Arriving after a terrible but expected cab ride to the Residence Inn Marriott Times Square, the hotel guest service agent Damian Anderson welcomed us with warmness and graciousness. We arrived early and the room was available. Damian informed us of the amenities available to us and if there was anything we needed to let the staff know. We checked in and got settled and then went out and about. Upon heading out, we stopped by the desk to inquire about train fare and Damien was more then happy to take the time to explain to us about the train schedule and fares, all the while attending to other matters. All of the staff was available and gave excellent service but it was Damien who we dealt with the most upon arriving and leaving. This hotel is great for location atmosphere and customer service.

Room Tip: These are New York rooms so they will be smailler than the average hotel room. If you can afford it...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2014

A friend who lives in NYC booked the room for us. The size of the room (esp. for NYC) was amazing. I could have lived there for a couple of weeks, but unfortunately, we were only in the city for one evening. I have never seen a full-sized refrigerator in any hotel room, let alone in NYC.

The location was perfect for a stay in the city - near the subway and Times Square, lots of restaurants and stores nearby. The room was spotless. Very, very comfortable.

My only complaint was the light in the bathroom. I forgot to bring my nightlight, and when I got up in the middle of the night and turned on the fixture, it was like a solar eclipse. Nothing like 1,000 watts of brightness at 3:00 a.m. Why don't all hotel rooms have built-in nightlights?

Room Tip: The elevators were extremely slow. We ended up walking up 12 flights of stairs after giving up on...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My family enjoyed a short get away in NYC at the end of the year. The Residence Marriot Times Square was just perfect for us, letting us to start our NYC holiday journey without any heavy luggage right away. We left our travel bags as soon as we arrived and picked up in the way to the train station. Also, we discovered a great magical area, Bryant Park, just a block away. Bryant Park is really a entertainment area with an art village vendors, delightful restaurants, ice skating rink, also the small groceries shops around are so good. We still need to discover more places around Bryant Park. It has so much diverse places to go.
Well the hotel needs to improve his elevator service. It takes so long wait to approach the breakfast restaurant so plan to leave your room at least 3O minutes before 9:30am (closing time).

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Arrived after 1am in freezing snowy NY to find the front door locked. Buzzed 2-3 x before we got to have the door opened - understanadable at that hour I suppose
There is hardly a reception area here - the place is very tight especially noticable when we are more than 6 people there.
As 2 females and a 12 yr old boy at that hour We were not offered any help to take our 5 pieces of luggage to the 29th floor after a day of travelling.
It took Housekeeping another call 30mins later for them to bring us extra blankets
the thermostat is noisy but bearable

The room we booked was usd 259 - a high floor King suite with a sleeper couch - turned out to be rather small with a similarly tiny bathroom so even though we thought that we had planned and chosen well re: space this was not the case at all - our fault

the GOOD:
-Service levels are fine in view of the crowds the staff had to look after - I felt for them
-Elizabeth at the Concierge desk was truly wonderful - appreciated her willingness to help us all even dropping a call so she could assist us at one point
-While the lift situation is dire in the morning rush hour the breakfast they serve is quite ok with great coffee,burger patties,waffles
-We had luggage storage & could go out & come back to chill on the 3rd floor area where there's a pool table, a bar and a great sitting area
-there is a scale to help one with balancing out their luggage for check-in
the beds are very comfortable including a sleeper couch with a reasonabl matress too

I was sure glad when time to go home came with the assistance of the Yellow Cab guy to assist us with our luggage. Freezing NY made me realise that for an African NY is best experienced over other seasons but Winter.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed two nights at the Residence Inn Times Square just before New Year's, on a trip that was some business and some fun - we wanted a location that kept us in the middle of a number of events and a room that let two people comfortably work as well as relax.

The room layout to our seventh-floor, queen bed studio really maximized the space, including a kitchenette area with a dishwasher and full sink, which became a bar area that extended into the living room/bedroom to become an office area; the living room/bedroom held a queen bed, pull-out sofa bed and a flat-screen TV. And whether "I sleep better on a couch," or "I'm too lazy to pull-out the bed" is debatable, but I slept pretty well on the couch without converting it to a sofa bed; word was that the sofa bed provided a good night's sleep.

The location was great - we could easily walk to and from Penn Station/Madison Square Garden, take the subway or find a quick and relatively inexpensive cab to most places we were going, and there's a number of places nearby to get a good cup of coffee in the morning and a decent slice of pizza late night.

The Residence Inn definitely met our needs, at a pretty fair price given the holiday season, and I would definitely look to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed here during a recent conference and had to extend my stay to accommodate weather delays at the airport. The staff could not have been nicer about this and when I thought I needed to further extend the stay, I was so pleased to again have a very easy experience in handling that.

The first room in which I stayed was a handicap accessible room. It was big, but one of the telephones was in disrepair (or so it seemed) and the temperature control and shower were hard to use. The second room was wonderful in those respects, but the carpet and upholstery/couch cushions were more in need of updating.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay tremendously. I should note that the breakfast at this hotel is super--among the most extensive and varied I have seen at a Residence Inn property or elsewhere. I only used it one day (because my conference had me up and out early and was feeding me), but it would be a major draw for me in coming back. The location is, as others note, very central to midtown activities, and the rates were, in my view, very reasonable.

All in all, a great stay!

Room Tip: I would not ask for a handicap accessible room, based on my experience, unless I needed one.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business