“Excellent vacation hotel”

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square
Ranked #216 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed August 13, 2013

It is hard to find a family-friendly hotel in Manhattan and we were happily surprised by this one. The location was great - an easy walk to Central Park, Times Square, Rockefeller Center and the subway to everything else. The rooms were much bigger than expected and the convenience of a mini-kitchen was a plus. The free breakfast had a great selection and everything was well-stocked. I was able to partially pay for our rooms using Marriott points which was a huge benefit. The only downsides were that this is a newer hotel and the cabs brought us to the wrong Marriott around the corner, and I was disappointed with the check in process and the attitude of the person checking us in. Our rooms were supposed to be next to each other and were not ready by the 4:00 check in time. We ended up being put on a lower floor, which turned out to be helpful because the one elevator was impossible to use and we ended up taking the stairs frequently.

Room Tip: Pick a lower floor as you will need to use the stairs to avoid the elevator wait
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MollyK89
Ashley D, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Hello MollyK89,

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for potential visitors. I am happy to hear you were able to use your Marriott Rewards points towards your stay with us. The included breakfast is a nice add on to the hotel! We hope to see you again soon!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,502)

Reviewed August 10, 2013

My recent stay was as pleasant as usual. The rooms are big for Manhattan and the location is very convenient. The hotel is always clean and the people friendly. I recommend for either business or for a family adventure in NYC.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashley D, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Hello teena1014,

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for potential visitors. I see you are a repeat guest and thank you for your loyalty. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed here during the fourth of July weekend and anticipated a lot of noise at night, however, the rooms were quite quiet and comfortable.

The rooms are spacious by NYC standards and the rates were excellent for the location. We were able to walk outside our hotel and hail a cab or walk to Time Square. It was really quite nice.

All of the staff are friendly, happy and courteous. When we stay in NYC again, we will stay here for sure.

We did have dessert one evening at the restaurant attached to the hotel, and it was awesome. I cannot speak to the food, but the desserts were killer.

1  Thank Ashima S
Ashley D, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Hello Ashima S,

Great to hear you had such a pleasant stay with us during your holiday vacation! The rooms are typically quite no matter what floor you may be on! The desserts in Studio 100 on the 3rd floor are delicious!!! We hope you come back for another holiday to try our dinner!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

You can't get a better location, a better view (request an upper floor location facing towards the Empire State Building for beautiful views at night), a friendlier or more accomodating staff, absolute security, great breakfast (though I miss the waffler-makers) and really good rates. I stay here frequently on business and with my partner on leisure trips to NYC. It's amazing to end an evening on Broadway, and then after the craziness of Times Square, stroll down a couple blocks to one of the most relaxed (and quiet!) areas of the city.

Room Tip: Best views and quietest rooms are on the south side. Also request a room away from the elevators - i...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ed C

Hello EdCassidy,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed the views from your room while staying with us! The south side views of the Empire State building and downtown views are also my favorite. I will make the recommendation to bring the waffle maker back to the breakfast area! We hope to see you again when you are here for another Broadway show!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We visit this hotel frequently when we travel to NYC. Can't say enough how perfect the location of this hotel is. Right smack in the center of Time Square. Close to everything! The only issue is that it is always crowded and parking is very expensive, especially if you drive a SUV. Waiting for the elevators can be tough as well. Overall I would say it is definitely worth it since this hotel is always fun to stay at.

Room Tip: Get a room facing Time Square.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Hello desinez41,

Thank you for your kind review for potential visitors. I agree with you parking in NYC is expensive everywhere especially in the center of everything in Times Square! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay and it was my first at this hotel - although I visit NYC frequently. Booked two rooms including a 'mobility accessible room' for older parents - and both rooms were spacious and outstanding. The front desk offered to give me a high floor corner room 'upgrade' without my requesting one - and it was spacious. Nice to have a full kitchen although we didn't really need one. Wonderful Marriott beds! Awesome view as well.
Best part - full hot breakfast in the am - which was worth plenty - there was so much variety and it changed every day! Multiple hot items (eggs, waffles, breakfast sandwiches, meats), fresh fruit,etc. I was very surpised at the variety given that each room has a kitchen!
I used the small fitness room and it was well equipped and immaculate. The only complaint I have is that there is really no 'drop off' or valet for your car - so it was a bit awkward when we checked in. We basically left the car on the street in front and they took car of it (at $56 per day). It all worked out fine though.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor if you want a nice view!

Hello SusanfromHollis,

Great to hear you got to enjoy one of our corner rooms with wonderful views of the city. The spacious rooms and the Marriott Beds are the best part of our hotel! Well, I also enjoy the full hot complimentary breakfast on the 3rd floor. Let us know the next time you come and we will ensure to get you the same room type!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here for my sons orientation for Pace/combined with a work trip. Great centrally located hotel with breakfast included.
While spouse was at work, I took the kids to lunch and an early showing of Chicago.The next day it was a short walk to subway for our trip to Pace and work. In the evening, we enjoyed the beautiful Bryant Park, which was also a short walk away.
Hotel employee Damian helped us throughout our stay, can't say enough about him. Other staff was just as helpful.

Hello NHTraveler5,

Thank you for your kind review of my hotel and staff! I will be sure to pass along the kind works to Damien at the front desk! Bring so conveniently located the subway stations can be tricky I am happy to hear you found them easily for commuting around the city! We hope to see you again very soon!