“Tremendous Value for a Great Location”

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square
Ranked #197 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Plymouth
“Tremendous Value for a Great Location”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here one night when I was in midtown for a business meeting. I arrived late and checked out the next morning, so I was not able to take advantage of everything the hotel had to offer.

That said, free wi-fi, free breakfast (which was a good spread) and very good service from the valet to the baggage handling - everything you expect from a complete experience. The kicker here is the value for such an amazing location - just a few blocks from Times Square and a block from Madison Avenue. I valeted the car ($66 for an SUV) and walked the three blocks to Park Ave.

The room was great for Manhattan, and included a full fridge, microwave, stove-top, etc. Everything you expect from a Residence Inn. Would not hesitate to stay here again, for business or with the family.

Only downside was a very cramped bathroom - but I will take that for a larger living space any day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ashley D, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Hello Rob C,

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for potential visitors. Even though you were here for only one night it is great to hear you got to take advantage of the full hot breakfast. I hope next time you come you will have more time to take advantage of the hotel!

Ashley D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Within five minutes walking distance from Times Square to the North, and 34th street shopping to the south. Also two minutes to the subway and all transit options.
The room was comfortable and the staff was professional. I was locked out of my room at 11PM, and it would've been too noisy to break the lock, so I was provided a new room and my tab was covered at the hotel pub. Under the circumstances, I feel they were accommodating and responded as quickly as possible. I'll certainly check for availability at this spot first on my next trip to NYC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Hello Canadalalala,

It is great to hear you enjoyed the central location of our hotel. Having all the subway lines just blocks from the hotel makes it easy for travelers to get around. I am happy to hear next time you are in New York you will be coming back! Please let me know before you come so we can get you in a room with a great view!

Burlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Large room for NYC with a full kitchen, chairs to eat either at a counter or at a table. My highest criteria for any hotel is that they are clean with good beds. These beds are very comfortable with an assortment of pillows. I have back and neck issues and slept like a baby. The place was spotless and I am happy to report, no bed bugs. Since NYC is the bed bug capitol, this is very important. The breakfast buffet was extensive and varied. The hotel has a large area for relaxing, reading, billiard table, and a bar on the same floor as breakfast is served. Because I am an elite member, I got upgraded to the 32nd floor where the view was spectacular. The hotel is only a 10 minute walk from Penn Station/Madison Sq Garden and only 2 blocks from Times Square. We could walk to almost all of our destinations. The staff was friendly, but not particularly knowledgeable about site-seeing so don't use them for up-to-date info on theater or other tourist attractions. I would absolutely recommend this hotel and will return here for future trips.

Room Tip: Higher floors have fantastic view. Get to breakfast early (before 9) or expect long lines.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ladybugonbusiness
Hello Ladybugonbusiness,

Thank you for your kind review of my hotel for potential visitors. I am happy you enjoyed the comfortable Marriott beds we have. We pride ourselves on keeping a clean eco environment for all of our guests. We hope to see you again soon in NYC!

Minnetonka, Minnesota
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Manhattan hotel rooms have a reputation for being on the smaller side with barely enough room to place your bags on the floor, unless you spend an exorbitant amount of money. There was no such problem at this Residence Inn, although it was not inexpensive. The room was spacious by any standard. The kitchen with refrigerator also provided a more cost effective experience as we bought water, fruit, etc. and stocked the fridge.

The breakfast buffet was relatively standard fare but is served in the library area which makes for nice atmosphere. Skip the coffee though and opt for Starbucks or some other cafe. While there was a bar that served food, we opted to eat out.

The location is in midtown very close to Times Square. From this spot, it’s fairly easy access to take cabs to the various parts of Manhattan. Also, the nearby subway stops also gave us easy access.

We had to receive packages, use the concierge and get information periodically from the staff - all throughout we were given excellent service with a smile.

This was a decent place to stay and if you need some space while staying in Manhattan, this property fits the bill.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bt_mpls_traveler
Ashley D, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Hello bt_mpls_traveler,

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for potential visitors. The spacious rooms we have at the Residence Inn Time Square really make for a nice stay. Great to hear you enjoyed the convenient location of numerous subway stations and accessible for getting a cab. We hope to see you again soon in NYC!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed there for the weekend. The staff at the check in is professional end friendly. The breakfast is ok with the usual selection of a Residence Inn. Got got an upgrade of the room as I am an Elite Member. The rooms have a good size and are clean. The hotel is close too the empire state, times square, and Bryant park (the park is packed at the 5-7pm happy hour).

I recommend to stay there and you do not need a car to go around.

Room Tip: High floor and Bryant Park view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashley D, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Hello RioMontreal,

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for potential customers. We try out best to upgrade our elite Marriott Rewards member when we have availability and happy to hear you received an upgrade. Thank you for recognizing the professionalism that the front desk displays. We hope to see you again soon.
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stay at this hotel often for business travel to NYC since it's close to our company's office there. It can get fairly busy with tourists, but the rooms are quite large for a NYC hotel and it really has everything a traveler would need. Friendly staff, free breakfast and wi-fi, and close to all the sites.

Room Tip: Ask for a room amidst higher floors for less street noise. Views of Empire State Building and Bryant...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear WendyB_Traveler,
Thank you for reviewing my hotel from a corporate traveler’s perspective. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the spacious rooms with the breakfast included with your stay. We hope to see you again soon in New York City.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We normally stay right on Times Square, however, we got a nice rate at the Residence Inn so gave it a shot. Certainly nice to have the loaded kitchen and larger room than a stardard hotel room...however, the view from our room was dissappointing - basically a small window in an alley. Even though this hotel is not in the center of the action like in Times Square, we were pleasantly surprised with the neighborhood, espeically Bryan Park.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hello trekking_round,

Thank you for choosing our hotel right near Time Square this stay rather than right in the middle of time square. It is great to hear you enjoyed this location. Being in the center of midtown most of our hotel rooms have a wonderful view of the city, but sometimes with the high-rise buildings near some rooms have a little obstruction of a view. Next time you come please reach out to me I will make sure to get you in a nice view room!