“Excellent option for exploring New York”

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square
Ranked #200 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The Residence Inn Times Square is an excellent option to explore New York. The rooms are of decent size from NY standards. The location is superb, just five minutes walk from Times Square and close a large no of eating places. The room has a small kitchennet for cooking / heating stuff, if you are so inclined or have babies with you. The service was crisp but don't expect a personalised service as this is a large hotel. They close the breakfast buffet sharp at the time mentioned (10 AM, I guess) so don't be late or you will miss your breakfast.

Overall , I would recommend this especially if you are travelling with family.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Ashley D, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you so much for you response about your recent stay with us. I am happy your family enjoyed the location and the spacious hotel rooms. Please let me know next time you come stay with us we will make sure to get you in one of the same rooms! Have a great day!

Ashley Deichert

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square

Reviewed January 6, 2013

FWIW, I have Platinum Elite status with Marriott and Gold with both Starwood and Hilton. With that said, I know that my status should give me something. In this hotel, it doesn't even get you recognition. I wasn't asked about a welcome gift, which is GUARANTEED by all participating Marriott hotels. And, I know for a fact that this hotel participates. Upgrade? Nope. Nothing.

Aside from the very noisy guests next to me on each side (I was sandwiched between two rooms who happened to be traveling together), this place served me fine [sarcasm].

Room Tip: Look elsewhere if you have Platinum or Gold status with Marriott.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank KLWT

I'm so sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant check-in with us. If a Marriott Reward gift was not offered at check in the points are automatically entered in for you. I'm unfamiliar with the particulars of your reservation but would like the opportunity to speak with you. Please call me at 212-768-0007 to further discuss your stay.

Ashley Deichert

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel is what you expect...clean, comfortable. Rooms are oversized - larger than most rooms in Manhattan. The location is convenient and the check-in area seems new. If the price was right, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Ryan C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear vg411973:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for Trip Advisor readers. I'm glad you enjoyed your business trip and would stay with us again. Please be sure to let me know the next time you’ll be visiting with us.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Staff was excellent, room clean and large for Manhattan. Free breakfast was nice, but lines can be long and hectic as well as elevator waits. Excellent central location at 39th and 6th Avenue. I would definately staff there again!

1  Thank WinstonsFamily
Ryan C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear WinstonsFamily:

Thank you for posting your review of my hotel for potential visitors. I'm so glad to hear you and your family had such a great stay and enjoyed our convenient location. I hope you’ll stay with us again soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights just before Christmas, and we enjoyed it very much.

The hotel delivers in location, value and quality and when combined with very warm and friendly staff, well.....for NYC the hotel gets the "excellent" rating.

Location was excellent for us, two blocks from Times Square, one block from Bryant Park (with our favorite Christmas Market and the Subway), walking distance to Herald Square, Penn Station and Rockefeller Centre. We got an upgrade to a corner room and from one angle we could see the Chrysler Building and from another we could see a small part of the Empire State Building.

Value was excellent, the rooms are bigger than your usual NYC room and featured a small kitchen area with a drip coffee machine, a Keurig Coffee maker, Microwave and huge fridge. There was a small bar area, and couch and lounge chair. The bathroom was a bit cramped, but the room had plenty of space, for us it was a good trade off. To top it of, there was free WiFi and a very nice complementary breakfast, much more choice than we expected.

Quality was excellent, although the rooms did show some age and the decor and style was a bit dated, everything worked perfectly. The beds was very comfortable. There was a concierge desk, the small market and a lounge area with TV's, and the place felt very secure.

We have stayed at several different Marriott properties in NYC, and we like the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge a lot, but given this was winter and we wanted to be close to the "action" this was a more convenient choice, and next time, this was is on top of our list.

Room Tip: This is NYC, go for as high a floor as possible, and although we liked the corner room, I am not sur...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear orp:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for potential visitors. I'm so glad you had such a great experience staying with us! It's nice to hear we were able to deliver in both accommodations and service.

I will be sure to share your kind words with our staff. Please be sure to let me know the next time you'll be returning to New York City.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed there for 4 nights in two rooms just before Xmas. It is a great location for all we wanted to see and do. I dealt with a wonderful concerige named Aanielle who was very knowledgeable about getting around the city and getting our transportation back to LGA at a reasonable price and comfort level. The hot breakfast was great and really started our day off right. The only complaint I have is when I called the front desk for a cheap eat for dinner they did not suggest the Bryant Street Market within the same block. I found that on my own and wished I had found it sooner! Great place for a light meal to bring back to the hotel after a tiring day. We definitely would recommend this hotel due to the location and the staff. We felt safe at the hotel. Willl definitely stay at this hotel if in NYC again.

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor and had a great view of Bryant Park.

Dear pudgefan2:

Thank you for posting your review of my hotel for TripAdvisor readers. I'm glad to hear you and your family had such a great stay.

I'm sorry we didn’t send you to the market on our block sooner; it is a great place to grab a quick bite! I'll be sure to share your kind words with our Concierge as well. Please let me know the next time your travels bring you to New York City.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had a very positive experience at the Residence Inn. Ryan Cortese (guest Mgr?) was very accommodating and getting us into a room that had a direct view of the Empire State Building...other reviews mentioned any room that ends in 06. We were in 1508 and was like being on the 45 yard line vs the 50 yard line so we were very happy. The buffet was very good and was like a glorified continental breakfast. The lines were fairly long but move quickly. The location was very convenient and central to a lot of things. We had a toddler so the galley kitchen was perfect. There is the Bryant Market one block away which is great and next to that is a great pizza place that you can get a large cheese for $8. The front desk staff is very helpful too. The only small issue is that if you are looking for a luxury hotel, there are better options. The rooms probably need new carpet and some refreshing but it didn't bother us. I also had my brother and his family stay here and there were very satisfied as well. We would go back again! Cheers!

Room Tip: As others said, rooms that end in 06 are best for south view of Empire State building. 08 worked jus...

Dear JollyGoodFellas:

Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel for potential visitors. I'm so glad to hear you and your family had such a great stay and enjoyed the view from your room! Thank you for sharing your photos as well. Please be sure to let know if you'll be staying with us again in the near future.