2,632 results
All reviewsbryant parktimes squarethe empire state buildinggreat locationnew yorksofa bedfull size fridgefree breakfastthird floorthe breakfast areayogurtsmall kitchenfew blockshigh floorcorner roomherald squarerockefeller center
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have stayed in many Residence Inn and lately have been disappointed with large variation in quality. It would be sad if Marriott became the equivalent of Best Western with poor quality control. However, the Marriott Residence Inn Time Square is among their best (Chicago is their best).

First off, this hotel is not in Time Square but about 6 small blocks away. Is this important? We were surprised how often we walked from the hotel to Time Square to eat or see a musical and at times wish it was closer. On the other hand, the hotel is very well isolated from street noise on our 16th floor room. Oddly enough, sounds from the hallway were very loud because of the large front door bottom gap. The hotel is mid way between two MTA stations so a small walk is needed to get a ride. A 10 block walk will get you to Penn Station if you need to catch a train out of Manhattan.

The room has two sections. The bedroom part is about 15 feet x 15 feet with queen bed, sofa bed, and closet. The other part has the kitchen, bathroom and hallway and is about 8 x 15. The kitchen had a microwave and slow cooker but no range or other heating device. There is a dishwasher and refrigerator. This is fine. Just don’t plan on cooking anything – just reheating restaurant leftovers or making a sandwich. There is no dining table but there is a nice eating area with bar chairs for 2. The bathroom is small, has basin, toilet, and bath/shower, and enclosed with door. The ventilation was adequate. The room was very nicely decorated and felt comfortable.

There is WIFI everywhere but often with marginal signal strength. I lost my connection on both my iPad and iPhone frequently and had to login again every time. The whole thing was a nuisance. You might want to bring your own router and generate your own signal from the wired access.

We didn’t need any help from the front desk staff so I can’t comment on the service level. There is a nice convenience store with lots of handy stuff in the lobby. The included breakfast was excellent. There were 6 hot items and everything else you would expect in a paid buffet breakfast. Some of the hot items changed day to day. The whole 3rd floor is used for breakfast, lounge, and bar. It looks like a library and not a diner. This is a good retreat if you need to read or use a computer at night while your partner sleeps. The lobby is tiny and not usable for anything except waiting for transportation. Also on the 3rd floor are three full internet stations with printer. These days, you need to be able to surf anywhere and print your own tickets for most venues, including the 9/11 Memorial.

All in all, we had a great stay here at the Marriott Residence Inn Time Square while exploring NY.

Room Tip: 1610 was quiet. No view is really pretty.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank frankyee
Ryan C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear frankyee:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel and posting photos for potential visitors. I'm glad to hear you had a great stay with us and enjoyed all that New York City has to offer.

While our rooms are slightly different than most Residence Inn's you may be familiar with; we do have all of the same amenities. On your next visit, we can certainly send up a one burner electric hot plate if you are interested in cooking in your room!

I hope you'll visit with us again.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Our family of three stayed 3 nights at this hotel last weekend and were very pleased with the experience. We asked for and received a room with a view of the Empire State Building. It was also a little larger room than the others because it appeared to be a room for those with a wheelchair or a hearing disability. The room was clean and fresh and contained all of the necessary items one looks for in a hotel room. We had a king bed and also used the sofa bed. The sofa bed is very poor in the thickness of the mattress - most are - and if you can avoid sleeping on this than you should. The breakfast buffet had many choices and tasted good enough - the sausage and pancakes were tasty. The concierge was also helpful with directions and with giving us options for our return to the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Schnoopy44:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for TripAdvisor readers. I'm so glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your visit to New York City and we were able to meet your travel needs. I hope you'll visit with us again soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

my family had stayed at this hotel the night before thanksgiving 2011.. the hotel was excellent. very clean. more then pleased.the staff was great. we had an incident thanksgiving day with my son and the staff was quick to respond and did it well. thankyou so much. one happy guest here. i was actually looking to rebook this year but seeing they say all booked would stay at this hotel anytime.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank keri d
Ryan C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear keri d:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with us last Thanksgiving! I'm familiar with your past reservation and will be sure to share your kind words with the staff that was involved.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at the Residence Inn for 7 nights while in NYC for business. The review is kind of mixed. We were offered an upgraded room at check-in if we were willing to take a room with no view. In fact, the view was fine, with buildings farther away than in most Manhattan apartments. The room was on the 22nd floor and incredibly quiet. There was no sound of honking horns, sirens or garbage trucks, something which never happens in the city. The room is basically a nice studio apartment, so the extra space is very nice. There is very little storage - both the closet and dresser are quite small. Everything was very clean, except the overflow drain in the sink had mold in it and smelled rather bad. The breakfast was also inconsistent. It was fine during the week, but very so-so on the weekend. The worst thing was that we kept getting warnings from the hotel that on weekends congestion for the breakfast was bad enough to cause elevator problems. We were advised to get to the breakfast before 8:15. This was not a problem, because we had to get out to work. But we did have to wait a very long time to get an elevator to leave the building. We realized that there were a lot of tourists in the hotel, and we suspected that people may have had larger groups in the rooms, leaving everything congested.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side with "no view", away from Bryant Park are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank deepdrkpit

Dear deepdrkpit:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for TripAdvisor readers. I'm sorry to hear you ran into some elevator congestion. Our breakfast can become congested on the weekends; therefore adding some additional elevator traffic. I hope the messages that we left helped you plan your day a little better. I'm glad to hear our rooms met your travel needs. I hope you'll considered staying with us again.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

we stayed at the hotel last weekend Upon our arrival , my daughter, grandson and myself were greeted very professionally and courteously by all staff. Of special distinction was Howell Woods, the guest services rep who checked us in. He noted my 9 year old grandson was a patriot fan and engaged him in a great conversation. We had a room on the 34th floor where we could see New Jersey. The room was immaculate and very inviting. So much so that we ordered in from a wonderful restaurant and ate quite comfortably in our little apartment . Breakfast was outstanding -included a very complete buffet. the location was great and the staff assisted with any questions or requests we had . I had actually left one shoe and security had it all wrapped up and labeled . I was quite impressed . All in all it was a wonderful stay and we hope to return very soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear sharonv123:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for TripAdvisor readers. I'm so glad you and your family had such a wonderful stay! I will be sure to share your kind words with Howell. Please be sure to let me know if you'll be returning.