2,633 results
All reviewsbryant parktimes squarethe empire state buildinggreat locationnew yorksofa bedfull size fridgefree breakfastthird floorthe breakfast areayogurtsmall kitchenfew blockshigh floorcorner roomherald squarerockefeller center
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just got back from a 3 night stay at this property. Overall, I was very pleased with the hotel and my experience there. I've stayed in several other Residence Inn properties throughout the U.S. and this one is comparable.
The lobby area is a bit small but we arrived mid day so it wasn't too crowded. Our rooms weren't ready so the guest agent (Tino??) suggested storing our bags with the bellman and heading out for lunch. He asked for a cell phone number and called me when our rooms were ready which was nice. I had reserved 2 king studio suites and asked to be in close proximity to one another and he made sure they were side by side! We were on the 31st floor and had expansive views of the Empire State Building and 6th Ave. Especially beautiful at night.
The rooms were large by NYC standards but the bathroom was TINY. Barely enough room to get the door open past the sink and toilet. Not very useful when you have 4 girls sharing a bathroom!! The carpets in the room were a bit worn and draperies needed to be cleaned.
The king bed was super comfy with lots of pillows and triple sheeting. The biggest downfall of the room was the quality of the pull out sofabed. The mattress was thin and well worn which allowed the springs underneath to push through making it feel like you were sleeping on a bag of nails! This made for a very uncomfortable nights sleep. In hindsight, we should have gone with a regular room with 2 double beds as we didn't end up using the kitchenette.
Breakfast was included in the room rate and was top notch! A huge range of choices for even the pickiest eater/food allergies- oatmeal, eggs, bacon, waffles and pancakes and several types of fresh fruit and yogurt. The coffee could have been stronger but there was Starbucks served in the lobby (for a fee). Keep an eye on the breakfast hours and they ended a bit earlier then I thought they would.
The location was fantastic being between the Fashion District and Times Square/Broadway. Make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes!!
This hotel was great and I would return again.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite as it has a better lay-out.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jodi C
Ryan C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear jccHalifax:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for TripAdvisor readers. I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed your girl’s weekend and would return. Please let me know the next time you'll be visiting.

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

First off all the rooms are huge. Having a kitchen and free breakfast w the room is always a plus! I mean who does that in NYC?! Parking around here is not too difficult depending on what time you get in.
The hotel is in the fashion district area therefore you can do some trinket shopping but your smack in the middle so you wanna either go to the east side to drink and have a good night life or west to have a good night life. Either way this hotel is ideal to stay at. There is a bar on the 3rd floor in case you want to take it easy and stay indoors.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank RKMax
Ryan C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear RKMax:

Thank you for posting your review of my hotel on TripAdvisor. It sounds like you had a great visit to New York City. I'm so glad you found our location convenient and our rooms larger than most. I hope you'll stay with us again.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

On a week in NYC when no hotel room was available for
< $235/night, I bid $176 on Priceline for this perfect Thursday night staycation. Not much to add to other positive reviews. Wonderful staff, larger-than-usual room with kitchenette, very comfortable bed, and sumptuous complimentary buffet breakfast in an era when most boutique hotels can barely manage a small cup of yogurt. Oh, and an early check in at 1 PM with no hassle at all. No downside to this visit at all! Most highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear cootmom:

Thank you for reviewing and recommending my hotel for TripAdvisor readers. It’s so nice to hear you had such a great stay! I'll be sure you share your kind words with our staff. I hope you'll visit with us again soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I planned an impromptu weekend to New York and we knew we were going to be spending some big coin on dinner, touring, etc so we wanted to have a comfortable place to stay where it was close to everything but also affordable! We were so impressed with this hotel. The check in was courteous, professional-even at 5 in the morning when we arrived :). The building is secure and safe. The breakfast is very good. The ROOM...hands down, LOVED this room-modern, in room safe, modern decor, the crisp Marriott sheets, cozy mattress...we slept in the first day actually and we never sleep in at a hotel! The cleanliness was amazing. Everything felt brand new. Thanks so much for a wonderful, relaxing stay!

Room Tip: If you select a room higher up and ask for a street view, it would be pretty!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank townandcountrygirl

Dear townandcountrygirl:

Thank you for reviewing and recommending my hotel for potential visitors. I'm so glad to hear you and your husband had such a wonderful stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations! Thank you again for posting your review. Please let me know the next time you’ll be visiting New York City.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I usually like to stay downtown, but this was closer to work that week and had the best rate I could find, plus I'm a Marriott person anyway. The rooms are very roomy and well equipped. I had a King room with a Kitchen and pull out Sofa. It also had a little bar area with bar stools. Room was quiet, except for the screaming maid one morning. In her defense it was noon, but we had been out until 2AM, so still asleep! In anycase, housekeeping was good, the bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was a little small. Staff was very nice, accommodating. I flew in on a red eye and they checked me in right away. I know it wasn't guaranteed, but was thankful, because I needed a few more hours of sleep. Right next to Bryant Park, lovely and really close to anything you need in Midtown, with subways right next door. I never made it down to breakfast and wasn't sure about a workout room, but my co-worker said there wasn't one?? I would stay here again in a second, especially if I come back with my family. Thanks!!

Room Tip: You either have a view of Bryant Park or Empire State building.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear jamfan:

Thank you for posting your review of my hotel for TripAdvisor readers. I'm glad to hear you had a nice stay and we were able to meet your travel needs. We do actually have a fitness center; it is equipped with treadmills, elliptical machines, stationary bikes as well as free weights.

I'm so glad to hear you would stay with us again; I hope you'll bring your family on your next visit!