2,634 results
All reviewsbryant parktimes squarethe empire state buildinggreat locationnew yorksofa bedfull size fridgefree breakfastthird floorthe breakfast areayogurtsmall kitchenfew blockshigh floorcorner roomherald squarerockefeller center
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I planned an impromptu weekend to New York and we knew we were going to be spending some big coin on dinner, touring, etc so we wanted to have a comfortable place to stay where it was close to everything but also affordable! We were so impressed with this hotel. The check in was courteous, professional-even at 5 in the morning when we arrived :). The building is secure and safe. The breakfast is very good. The ROOM...hands down, LOVED this room-modern, in room safe, modern decor, the crisp Marriott sheets, cozy mattress...we slept in the first day actually and we never sleep in at a hotel! The cleanliness was amazing. Everything felt brand new. Thanks so much for a wonderful, relaxing stay!

Room Tip: If you select a room higher up and ask for a street view, it would be pretty!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank townandcountrygirl
Ryan C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear townandcountrygirl:

Thank you for reviewing and recommending my hotel for potential visitors. I'm so glad to hear you and your husband had such a wonderful stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations! Thank you again for posting your review. Please let me know the next time you’ll be visiting New York City.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I usually like to stay downtown, but this was closer to work that week and had the best rate I could find, plus I'm a Marriott person anyway. The rooms are very roomy and well equipped. I had a King room with a Kitchen and pull out Sofa. It also had a little bar area with bar stools. Room was quiet, except for the screaming maid one morning. In her defense it was noon, but we had been out until 2AM, so still asleep! In anycase, housekeeping was good, the bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was a little small. Staff was very nice, accommodating. I flew in on a red eye and they checked me in right away. I know it wasn't guaranteed, but was thankful, because I needed a few more hours of sleep. Right next to Bryant Park, lovely and really close to anything you need in Midtown, with subways right next door. I never made it down to breakfast and wasn't sure about a workout room, but my co-worker said there wasn't one?? I would stay here again in a second, especially if I come back with my family. Thanks!!

Room Tip: You either have a view of Bryant Park or Empire State building.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear jamfan:

Thank you for posting your review of my hotel for TripAdvisor readers. I'm glad to hear you had a nice stay and we were able to meet your travel needs. We do actually have a fitness center; it is equipped with treadmills, elliptical machines, stationary bikes as well as free weights.

I'm so glad to hear you would stay with us again; I hope you'll bring your family on your next visit!

Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

the hotel has an awesome location, great staff, delicious breakfast, huge rooms, beds are comfy like clouds. simply awesome there is not much more to say. if you are looking for a place in new York, the residence inn is the place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2012
Ryan C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear youngmtl514:

Thank you for reviewing and recommending my hotel for potential visitors. I'm so glad to hear you had such a wonderful stay! Please come back and visit us again.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Spent a few days over Labor Day at this hotel. It's very close to everything (Times Square, Empire State Building, Herald Square) but not in the middle of the madhouse that Manhattan can be. It's close to Bryan Park which is loverly to sit out and take a break from the city.

My suite was quite big for NY standards. The bathroom was clean and she shower had good water pressure. The bed was very comfortable and there was lil to zero noise coming from the city. I slept in both nights I was there so I didn't require housekeeping.

The breakfast area gets very busy on a morning so it's advisable to go early or just before they close. Typical hotel buffet breakfast but everything was fresh and the attendant paid close attention to the levels and the cleanliness of the area. There's lots of space to sit but you can always take your food to your room.

Safety is good as you must have your room key to go up. I did have a friend come over and the lobby security guard was a bit mouthy and confrontational, even after I showed him my room key, he just kept rambling on. Not a huge deal.

This is a great place to stay especially if you don't want to be in the zoo of people at Times Square. Almost everything is a quick short walk away and the D train stops one block over.

Room Tip: avoid breakfast at peak times. It gets crowded and the elevator stops on every floor on the way to the 3rd floor where they server breakfast. Try going very early or towards the end of the breakfast service.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear stefanwt:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for TripAdvisor readers. I'm so glad to hear you had such a great visit and enjoyed our convenient location. Your breakfast tip to potential visitors is great; our third floor breakfast area can become quite busy at peak times and on weekends. We always suggest guests arrive a little earlier than anticipated. Thank you again for your review. I hope you'll visit with us in the future!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed at the Residence Inn this weekend and what a great location, great staff, great hotel. Actually they got us in a room at 8:00 am which was tremendously appreciated. Staff was super nice, professional and helpful. Breakfast was wonderful. Being we had a late flight out, they held our luggage so we could get the last bit of shopping done. Room was even big enough for three women! Bathroom quarters were a little tight but it worked. Thanks Marriott for making this a memorable trip to the Big Apple.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Judy P:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for TripAdvisor readers. I'm so glad you and your family had such a memorable visit to New York City! I'll be sure to share your kind words with our staff. I hope you’ll visit with us again.