Spent a few days over Labor Day at this hotel. It's very close to everything (Times Square, Empire State Building, Herald Square) but not in the middle of the madhouse that Manhattan can be. It's close to Bryan Park which is loverly to sit out and take a break from the city.
My suite was quite big for NY standards. The bathroom was clean and she shower had good water pressure. The bed was very comfortable and there was lil to zero noise coming from the city. I slept in both nights I was there so I didn't require housekeeping.
The breakfast area gets very busy on a morning so it's advisable to go early or just before they close. Typical hotel buffet breakfast but everything was fresh and the attendant paid close attention to the levels and the cleanliness of the area. There's lots of space to sit but you can always take your food to your room.
Safety is good as you must have your room key to go up. I did have a friend come over and the lobby security guard was a bit mouthy and confrontational, even after I showed him my room key, he just kept rambling on. Not a huge deal.
This is a great place to stay especially if you don't want to be in the zoo of people at Times Square. Almost everything is a quick short walk away and the D train stops one block over.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the top hotels in Times Square, Residence Inn by Marriott New York Manhattan/Times Square invites you to take advantage of the many wonderful amenities we provide for business and leisure travelers. Our Bryant Park hotel's free daily breakfast and newspaper delivery offers a great way to start the day, and our free high-speed wireless Internet is available throughout our hotel 24 hours a day. Our all-suite accommodations give you the space you need to work or relax after a long day in New York City. From our Bryant Park hotel's excellent central location, you can access all that NYC has to offer: restaurants, bars, attractions, and corporate offices. Of course, should you want to stay at our hotel, we have a cozy lounge and bar that you may linger in. Visit us at Residence Inn by Marriott New York Manhattan/Times Square! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Times Square New York Hotel New York City
- Residence Inn New York City
- Marriott New York City
- New York City Residence Inn
- New York City Marriott