“Great location- close to all the action!”

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square
Ranked #202 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Great location! Within a few minute walk you can be in Times Square, on Broadway, at the Empire State Building, in Rockefeller Center or in Central Park! However, you do pay for location. If you plan on driving, you will pay even more as the hotel charges about $60 a night to park your car and cannot take your car in and out of the garage during your stay. This hotel does provide a couple of benefits that will save you some money when it comes to meals. Your stay includes a free buffet breakfast each day which includes items such as cereal, scrambled eggs, pancakes, waffles, sausage, oatmeal, fruit, toast, bagels, coffee, juice, etc. If your smart, you’ll grab some extra fruit/snacks to take with you to snack on during the day. Each hotel room also has a small kitchen which includes a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. If you do eat out, you can always take your leftovers back to your room an reheat them for a meal/snack later on during your stay. Or you can bring some groceries with you and eat/heat up meals in your room.
Our room also contained a pull out couch which provided perfect sleeping arrangements for our family of 3. My husband and I had our own king size bed while our daughter had the pull out couch to herself.
This hotel if far enough away from Times Square which allows you to get a peaceful night’s sleep, but close enough to be part of all the excitement and action when you want to be.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank abusinesstraveler_11
Ryan C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear abusinesstraveler_11:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for potential visitors. I'm glad to hear you had a nice stay and enjoyed our central location! I think many traveling families would agree with you; our in room kitchenettes and full complimentary breakfast is a huge cost saver. I hope you'll visit with us again.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We took the train from Philadelphia for a quick trip to see a show and a baseball game. This hotel was just a short walk from Penn Station and was literally across the street from the subway. The concierge was extremely helpful for directions (she printed them out!) for all of the places that we wanted to go. Some other nice things about this hotel are: great hot breakfast buffet (included in price of room), kitchen in room, decent workout facilities. Did I mention that it was also close to shopping on 5th Avenue?

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Ryan C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Pattinp:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for TripAdvisor readers. I'm so glad to hear you and your family had such a nice visit; even if it was a short one! I'll be sure to share your kind words with our concierge. I hope you'll visit with us again.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed here for a quick weekend in the city. The location is in walking distance to most major NYC attractions and near a subway to others. Unlike Marriott's description, the hotel is technically not in Times Square, but a couple blocks away. Just enough to be near the action, but with a more relaxing atmosphere near Bryant Park.

The room was clean and much larger than most NYC rooms we've stayed in. Our room was on the 34th floor, so quiet with good views. The included breakfast was better than most at a Residence Inn. There was a large assortment of hot and cold items such as eggs, meat, waffles, french toast, yogurt/fruit, oatmeal, and bakery items. Besides coffee, tea, and juice, there was even a working soda machine.

After checkout, we stored our luggage with the Bell for the day, which made our touring easier.

Highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank JustForFun401

Dear JustForFun401:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for potential visitors. It's so nice to hear you and your family had such a wonderful stay. I'm so glad we were able to meet your travel needs.

Thank you again, for highly recommending my hotel. I hope you’ll visit with us again soon!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Very impressed with this property. Has a great location, just off of Times Square if that's what you like and very close to Bryant Park and the Empire State Building. The best part of this hotel is actually 2 things. The kitchen is worth the price of this hotel. We enjoyed getting Chinese take-out and then dessert and bringing it back to the room and having a nice quiet dinner while looking at the Empire State Building. It truly was perfect. And then our leftovers we were able to store in the fridge and then re-heat in the microwave. It made me feel like I had my own apartment in the city. The other thing that was great was the free breakfast. While the dining area was crowded, who wouldn't expect that when this is a value added option to the hotel. The breakfast isn't your normal crappy continental breakfast, this was quality hot food with many options. Back to the room, you couldn't beat the view of the Empire State Building. The couch was a nice seating area and it was helpful that the tv swiveled between the couch and the bed. The bathroom was very spacious I thought and updated (actually the whole room was updated). The only small complaints about the room were that the bed wasn't the most comfortable as it was quite stiff and the water pressure in the shower was a bit low. The lobby was quite small but the staff was helpful. Overall, I wouldn't think twice about staying here again, it was a pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bcasacci
Ryan C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear bcasacci:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of my hotel for potential visitors. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the great Empire State Building view from your room! I think many guests would agree with you; the kitchenette and complimentary breakfast really are an added value. Thank you again for your review. I hope you'll visit with us again soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We really enjoyed our two night stay here. Our room was very comfortable and we had a great view of the city below. A buffet breakfast was included and there was a great selection of food available. This hotel is in a super location, within walking distance of many attractions and very close to subway stops for travelling further downtown. We found the staff very helpful and friendly and would certainly recommend the Residence as a great place to stay in New York.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Ryan C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear wellmichelle:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for potential visitors. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. It's so nice to hear you enjoyed our location and found our staff friendly and helpful. I'll be sure to share your kind words with them. Thank you again for recommending my hotel to potential visitors. I hope you'll visit with us again.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at the Residence for 5 nights from 18/8/12. The Hotel is in a great location for the major attractions. The Subway is easily accessible for trips around the City. We had a double room and our (5ft 10in) 14yr old daughter slept very comfortably on the sofa bed. The room was very well equipped with excellent kitchen facilities, which we used for snacks and when we picked up a takeaway. The rooms were very clean and well maintained throughout our stay. We had no issues with the lifts (we were on floor 33). The choice of hot and cold food at breakfast was great.

All the employees we met were very polite and friendly and a credit to the Hotel. There is an abundance of places to eat within walking distance (we loved walking in the area). What a wonderful City New York is and we found the people very friendly. We would definitely return to the Residence again.

1  Thank Duncan964

Dear Duncan964:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for potential visitors. I'm so glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your visit with us! It's always nice to hear someone enjoyed visiting our wonderful city as much as we enjoy living in it! I'll be sure to share your kind words with our staff. I hope you'll visit with us again soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We had a great time staying here. We love NYC and this was exciting to stay in its heart. On our last day we had a late flight and the hotel was very professional with keeping our luggage safe until late that evening when we left for the airport.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Firefozz:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for TripAdvisor readers. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in the center of New York City! I hope you'll visit with us gain.