“Great Location and room”

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square
Ranked #210 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for seven nights. We were impressed with the quality of the room, the free breakfast and the kitchen facilities in the room. There was a nice sitting area, a very comfortable bed and a small, but very functional bathroom. The hotel is well located for exploring midtown and is a reasonable walking distance to the subway system. Grand Central Station is only a couple of blocks away, so transportation to any place in the city is easy. We walked to several plays in the Theater District. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear DrDadrwp:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for TripAdvisor readers. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with us and found our location to be conveniently located. Your recommendation is very much appreciated. I hope you'll visit with us again.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I had the oppertunity to use my Marriott points to stay at this hotel. This is a good location...and very nice sized rooms...comfy beds...and a great breakfast (free) and if you step out the door and take a right and take about 30 steps there is a Pizza place (Two Brothers Pizza) you can get 2 huge slices and a coke for $2.25 ...the views are beautiful and absolutly no street noise...I did have one problem when I came to check in I was told my room was not ready..they said they would call me when my room became available....I checked back at 4:00 not ready I made sure they had my number...called at 5:00 (told them my chaild was feeling sick) STILL not ready and I finally returned with my Son to the hotel at 6:00 and asked if my room was ready and I was told by the Woman at the hotel It had been ready!!! I stated I had called several times...and had been told it wasnt ready..She stated that I was mistaken No one would have told me that ...she acted as if I was lieing...it made me feel like if I had of been paying for a room and not using my points I would have been a more valued customer....There are many hotels in Manhatten (I frequent NYC) Im not sure if this would be my first choice to stay again...

Room Tip: great views on high floors...no street noise
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Ryan C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear BamaBeana:

Thank you for reviewing my hotel for potential visitors. I'm so sorry to hear there was some confusion when checking in. I'm glad to hear the room size and complimentary breakfast met your travel needs. Please don’t hesitate contacting me to further discuss your stay.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family and I are always stayed with hotels/resorts managed by Marriott. This was our first time to stay in a Residence Inn. I've found the room is small, has small kitchen, breakfast's choices don't have a huge selection, don't have a great facilities, noises from our next door's room could get through to our room, bathroom is small, etc. The two kids slept on the sofa bed - not recommendable.

Location is great - a walking distance to the metro, shopping mall, Bryant Park, Empire State, restaurants, pizza (across the hotel), has their own tour company at the hotel lobby, etc.

This was our first visit in NYC.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank reallylikes2travel
Reviewed August 20, 2012

NYC is expensive, but very happy with this property. Excellent customer service: stashed our bags with Bellman as we arrived hours in advance of check in. Marriott Silver, and our room had a wonderful view of Empire State Building. Concierge service exceeded expectations; they arranged our Sunset Sail in advance, and we purchased other tours at the desk. Buffet breakfast was included in price---pre-warmed plates, eggs, sausages, potatoes, pancakes, bakery items, fruits, yogurt, lots of great condiments, coffees, juices, attentive service. Would definitely stay here again. Location within (5 to 10 to 20min) walking distances to Empire State Building, Times Square, Rockefeller Center. Bryant Park one block away.

Room Tip: South facing high floor lets you see Empire State Building
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear travelzalot08:

Thank you for posting your review of my hotel for potential visitors. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our location conveniently located. I'll be sure to share your kind words with the rest of our team. I hope you’ll visit with us again.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed 5 nights in this hotel. I had originally wanted to stay in the Marriott Times Square attracted by its infamous top floor restaurant but was persuaded by my husband to stay here because of the spacious rooms and 'kitchenette' facilities. I am so glad we did! The location is excellent- just a 10 minute walk to the hustle and bustle of Times Square, the shops on 5th Avenue and a 20 min walk to Central Park. We definitely made the better choice.
Our rooms on the 27th floor had great views of the Empire State Building amongst other landmarks and being so high meant that there was no street noise. The elevators seemed speedy enough during our stay.
The rooms were clean and beds comfortable with clean towels aplenty. The bathroom was spotless.The only problem we encountered was that it took 3 calls to housekeeping for bed linen for our daughter's sofa bed, on which she enjoyed a restful sleep.
Breakfast was a buffet style. We generally ate around 8 am and found it okay and not too crowded. Fairly well stocked though not much choice for a cooked breakfast.There were certainly no hygiene issues that we noticed. Believe me, if I'd noticed children poking fingers in food, I would not have eaten there again!!
The staff were friendly, especially the 'security' staff who were always happy to chat and Maureen the concierge was very knowledgeable with recommendations of which sights to visit and when.
I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: A high floor gives great views and no street noise
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Worldtraveller:

Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel for potential visitors. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we were able to meet your travel needs. I'll be sure to share your kind words with our staff; especially Maureen. I'm glad we were able to help make your families stay more enjoyable. Thank you for posting such great photos from your room!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Just got back from my stay at this hotel. Everything was perfect. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful from checking in, directions to nearest subway station, or any other questions I had. The room was clean and I had a great view of Bryant Park. The location of this hotel was perfect...I would and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear beanieblue:

Thank you for posting a review of my hotel for TripAdvisor readers. I'm so glad to hear you had such a perfect stay and that our staff was helpful and friendly. Please let me know the next time you'll be visiting with us.

Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed at this residence inn for one night on a quick trip to NYC with my wife. What a really nice hotel- our suite was spacious and very updated and clean- great location to everything. We arrived by bus to port authority and walked to hotel- only about 5 minutes or so walk across broadway. The breakfast buffet that's included for free was awesome. Definitely reccomend if you Want to stay near times square area- we will stay here again without a doubt!!

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear richvegas:

Thank you for posting your review of my hotel for potential visitors. It’s so nice to hear you and your wife had such a great stay. I'm glad to see you had a great Empire State Building view from your room! Please let me know the next time we can welcome you back to New York City.