2,634 results
All reviewsbryant parktimes squarethe empire state buildinggreat locationnew yorksofa bedfull size fridgefree breakfastthird floorthe breakfast areayogurtsmall kitchenfew blockshigh floorcorner roomherald squarerockefeller center
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Walk to Times Square, Broadway, shopping, and restaurants. They have a full breakfast buffet each morning that is complimentary. There are coin operated washers and dryers on the bottom floor, so we packed light. There are full kitchens. We did not cook, but it was great to have a full-sized refrigerator for drinks (it was very hot outside) and snacks. The room was spacious enough for four of us. It costs a bit more to stay here, but is definitely worth the convenience, especially if you have a family. Book early, this is a popular hotel.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

What a great trip, helped by a great hotel. The room was just what we needed and in the perfect location. Just over Bryant park; we walked to time square, a play on broadway, central park and the empire state building. The breakfast is so relaxing. The bar got rowdy, the drinks were expensive, but strong. The night desk staff was awesome with advice and directions. When they gave us directions including the subway, they gave us a direct phone number to call if we got lost. They really wanted us to have a safe and fun trip. The held our bags after check out to give us more time to explore. The only down side was the bathroom. The wallpaper and plaster were peeling, the lock was broken with sharpe metal exposed, there were little black specks on the walls & door n black mold in the shower grout.

Room Tip: Go to beakfast early and take the elevator during off times. Ask for a high floor. Eat pizza across the street.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jg2rd
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Good location, room was much smaller than I expected considering it's a RI, but it worked. Clean. Good view of Empire State Bldg from our room. Sofa bed not comfy. Our floor was quite quiet which was nice. Breakfast room was huge, good food and great staff, kept up with everything very well. Had coffee 24 hours, brought our own dessert here in the evening to have with coffee. Concierge, young man and a woman, not impressed with. Need another computer in lobby with printer, had to wait 30 minutes to check in for next day flight. (There are additional computers on 3rd floor, but no printer...)

1  Thank TinaKzooMichigan
Reviewed August 2, 2011

My daughter and I stayed for 7 nights at the end of July and for the most part enjoyed the ammenities the hotel provided. The best point is the location which is very convenient to many attractions as many others have pointed out. It is a short 5 minute walk to Macy's and 2 minute walk to beautiful Bryant Park and perhaps a 6-7 minute walk to Times Square. After experiencing the congestion in the middle of Times Square, I am glad that we did not choose to stay at the Marriott Marquis - it's just too crowded.
The breakfast was not outstanding - hardly any fruit at all, but was adequate. My main complaint with the "free" breakfast, was that it was cut off very promptly at 9:30 am, even the coffee station. For visitors travelling from the western part of the continent (I'm from Alberta), it's tough to get down to breakfast by 9am (7am to our body clocks) to be out of there by 9:30. I think that many people had this problem as the line ups were quite long in the last half hour of the breakfast service. On our last morning I was down there at 8:30 am and there was hardly anyone there. Should not the hotel cater to their guests' needs and be convenient to the guests? It seemed like the attitude was more along the lines of the guests needing to adapt to the hotel's schedule rather than the other way around. Im sure that many people did not ever go to the breakfast due to the rigid schedule. My daughter only made it once. The other negative about the breakfast is the very watered down coffee and juices.
The room itself was adequate however not as I had exected it to be - as it was described as two seperate areas - one for sleeping and one for relaxing - sofa, TV, kitchen. I had anticipated that these two areas would be divided by a wall and a door. but it was all one space with no more than 8 feet between the bed and the sofa. I had in part made the decision to stay here based on my impression that it was a "suite" type hotel, where my 25 year old daughter and I could have seperate spaces if we desired. Perhaps one person would wish to stay up later and watch TV while the other may want to go to bed and read or sleep. This was not the case and although it certainly did not ruin our stay, it did not measure up to what was described on various web sites I had read prior to selecting the hotel. My request for a bathrobe was met with a confused stare by the front desk staff. I have stayed in many hotels over the years in Canada, the US as well as in the Caribbean, Mexico and Hawaii and my experience is that usually when paying over $300/night, bathrobes are pretty standard, as are bathroom toiletries such as body lotion, shower caps, etc. Only a low quality shampoo and conditioner and bar soap were provided by the Residence Inn. Overall my impression with this hotel is that it is fair to good - not excellent. In my opinion their best point is their location.
One other disappointment was the refusal of the front desk to accept my Marriott rewards card. The reason that was given to me was that I had not booked the accomodation myself. Of course the Marriott reward program is a loyalty program and was also a consideration of mine when I chose to stay at a Marriott property. I made the reservation through Expedia and therefore was not eligible for my points. The front desk person suggested that I call Expedia and ask them to apply for my points as they are the booking agent. I did call Expedia when I got home to ask about the rewards points and asked why they cannot take this information when booking as they obviously ask for all other pertinent information such as your name address, etc and was not given any reason at all. The Expedia rep said she had never heard of such a request. Really?

1  Thank turk99
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Residence Inn by The Marriott Times Square is in the heart of Manhattan, well located and a busy place. Breakfast was included and okay. The bar is nice and very good service. A good place to call it a day. The room was large enough, but the air condition was noisy. It is a 5 min walk to Times Square.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business