“Great location in NYC”

Ranked #293 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Toronto, Canada
“Great location in NYC”
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Overall, we were happy with our stay at the Renaissance 57. We stayed over four nights over the Easter weekend. The hotel is in an superb location (57th and Lexington) and is close to the subway, Central Park, and major shopping areas.

We decided to park our car in a private lot ($30/night) rather than pay the $50/night valet parking.

This is a boutique hotel and the rooms, as expected, are very small. Our room had a queen sized bed and there was enough room so you can just walk around the bed. It was clean and newly renovated, and the street noise was minimal.

We did not eat at the hotel, but the bar seemed to be a very popular spot with locals.

We would stay here again, mainly because of its location.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed April 26, 2010

The Renaissance New York Hotel 57 was a great hotel and a tremendous value. My wife and I stayed there for a weekend in April and I got a room for an incredible price via their website. The location was great and close to several subway lines. The room was extremely small (just a full size bed) but was definitely modern and nicely maintained. For the value, I definitely give this hotel five stars.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed April 20, 2010

I stayed here with co-workers last week and we all thought it was a great spot. The rooms are all very different and interesting. Room 1703 has incredible outdoor patios - not one, but two, with views down Lexington Avenue past Citigroup Center to the Chrysler Building - fantastic room. The bed was great, everything clean and tidy, nice flat screen TV with media inputs for everything you can imagine. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Starbucks three doors to the left and also one across the street. Great restaurants nearby and two blocks from Bloomingdale's. Safe neighborhood. All in all, priced well and well worth it. I would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed April 15, 2010

I stayed only one night but this was a great hotel, staff stored my luggage all day while I shopped, rooms were small, as is typical for NY, but very comfortable. The bar/restaurant adjacent to the lobby was lively and we had fun having (expensive) cocktails and hor d'oeurves. The best thing about this hotel is the location. You are across from a Starbucks and a submway stop, and one block from Bloomies!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed April 6, 2010

I stayed for only a night and loved the location: walking distance to Central Park, Bloomingdales, etc. with plenty of restaurants around that offer a better alternative.
The lobby and lounge/restaurant are quite hip and original, but that's about it: the rest was overall disappointing.
My room was VERY small and the use of space was terrible. If interior designers don't understand some Feng Shui, they should at least have the basic common sense: who likes to sleep with one's head some 2 meters away from the room door? I could hear all the noises from the hallway, feel the air blowing under the door and did not feel safe. I actually ended up putting my suitcase between the door and the bed...
Overall the room is also VERY dark and so is the bathroom. With 12 hours jet lag, it took me a while to understand how the shower worked...not intuitive at all.
Good value for money at US$220/night and excellent location, but I'll consider other alternatives next time I visit NY. Overall some weird feeling about this hotel: too dark, too noisy, did not feel safe. I did not have a good night sleep - hey, isn't that what travelers ask for?!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2010

I stayed at the renaissance hotel 57 during a surprise trip to New York for my fiances 30th birthday. The hotel is beautiful with gorgeous modern art features throughout - we were v impressed!

Check in was smoothe and quick. The man who took our bags up to our room (i feel bad i can't remember his name - sorry) was so friendly and gave us such a lovely welcome everytime we saw him throughout our stay - that was nice! They have a service in the lobby which can book tickets for attractions, showes etc and give any information about NYC - they could get us cheaper tickets than our Virgin rep could :0)

Our room was on the 4th floor with a view of a wall even though i had requested a high up room as our trip (from scotland) was for a special occasion so i was a wee bit disaapointed with that. The room was alot smaller than i expected from the photos but it was very comfortable, clean and quiet - apart from the air conditioning!! The room got very hot at night but the air conditioning was too noisy to leave on all night so we didn't sleep as well as we could have. The bathroom was huge with a fabulous shower. There were 2 vending machines down the hall from our room - these were great as we always had juice and water to drink on hand.

I'd happily stay at this hotel again>

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed April 1, 2010

I have stayed for both business and pleasure. All of my experiences have been perfect. I travel for business over 75 nights a year and stay all over the world. This hotel is one if the best. The food was great and the size of the hotel is pefect. I use to stay at the Marquee and the St. Regus but found this hotel easy to use.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business