“Seasoned traveler was pleasantly surprised”

Renaissance New York Hotel 57
Ranked #331 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have been traveling regularly on business to NYC for over 20 years and have stayed at most of the regular fare, such as Marriott (proper), Hilton properties, etc. Most have been a fairly average to positive experience except for a few minor and forgivable missteps here and there.

I had never stayed there for some reason but last I went to NYC I happened to try the Renaissance 57 in midtown and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is small but nicely decorated. The rooms are upscale and the beds extremely comfortable.

I was impressed that when I waited a slightly longer than expected time to retrieve my valeted car, they reimbursed my entire parking fee. Very few hotels would do that.

I recommend this hotel because if it's size, service, décor and comfort.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,360)

Reviewed June 16, 2014

The front desk was extremely efficient and friendly, and from the time I walked off the street to the time I was in my room was less than 10 minutes. They let me have an early check in without a fee.

My room was small but reasonably appointed. The carpet seemed stiff like it had been wet-cleaned recently. The bed was firm and comfortable. There was a frequent background noise that took me a few hours to realize was the elevator shaft right next to my room.

I ate in the dining room only once but enjoyed it very much. It has a bistro atmosphere, the staff was very attentive, and my Vietnamese Chicken Salad, though a little pricey, was fresh, tasty and generously portioned.

There is a small outdoor beer & wine bar on top of the building with a fantastic view towards the Chrysler building. I took my ipad and read the news while enjoying a Malbec and watched the buildings light up as the sun set.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Oh, Manhattan... What a great city to visit, and what a pain to pick a hotel from. I usually steer clear from Upper East Side and Midtown when I visit Manhattan due to the ridiculously high room rates. But this time I saw Renaissance 57 offered a very reasonable rate for the month of March, I jumped at the deal, and I didn't regret it.

Even it listed under to Marriott group, this chic little boutique hotel offers something different from other big name chain hotels.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have stayed here at least on 5 occasions and some of the rooms can be a little small but nicely done. The beds and bathrooms are the best part. The WiFi is reliable and the staff is very friendly. I will be back.

This hotel does run specials which is an added bonus.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank scherzva
RenaissanceNYHotel57, General Manager at Renaissance New York Hotel 57, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at the Renaissance New York Hotel 57! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate New York experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you found our hotel to be such an ideal spot. Thanks for taking the time to share this review!

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

This hotel totally met our expectations. The staff could not have been friendlier. We enjoyed hanging out in the small lobby with family and enjoyed both evening drinks and morning breakfast in the restaurant. Loved the location, mid town and a little farther east, and less
Hectic, than where we usually stay. All NY rooms are pricey and smaller, but this one had what we needed.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Groupworker
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We were moving our daughter into NYC for a summer internship and found the staff to be extremely helpful. They were able to offer us advice on where to find dorm essentials to how long the subway would take to get to work etc. We had drinks at the rooftop bar, pricey but nice and relaxing. We also had drinks at the bar and it was very lively and the staff was very polite. We did not eat there, but the food did look good, and many people were eating late night. We thought the room was large for NYC and the location is great for Midtown or NYU area.

Room Tip: We had a king with a futon which slept three
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel is close to central park south. Reasonable close to the train. The room was small the bed was a full at best and the worst part was it smelled like mildew the entire time. We were on the 7th floor facing Lexington avenue so no view. If I came back to NYC I would chose a different hotel

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
renhotel57, Manager at Renaissance New York Hotel 57, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! We apologize that your experience didn't live up to your expectations. We will investigate the mildew smell as this isn't something we are proud of and it is unfortunate that you had to experience this.

It is my hope that when your travels bring you back to the NYC area you would give us another opportunity to WOW you.

Please feel free to contact me via email monique.hudson@renaissancehotels.com if I can be of further assistance.