I stayed at the Renaissance with my mother after booking the hotel through a discount website. Of course I knew I wouldn't get an updated room but we were a little shocked at how small our room was! It was clean and the bathroom was ok too (not renovated, but big shower). Good thing we weren't travelling with any kids because there was hardly any space in the room. This is just a warning in case you're booking through a discount website. I know people who pay regular price will get the nice, updated rooms. Not sure if they are bigger though! ;)
The street noise didn't bother me even if I could hear it a little. The hotel itself was very calm.
The fitness center is great. There are several cardio machines (with their own little TV) and plenty of dumbbell so I was able to squeeze a decent workout during my NYC trip.
Anyways, the location is fantastic and there are plenty of stores/restaurants near by. There is a Whole Foods a few blocks away which was convenient to get something to eat in the morning.
The staff is very helpful and one of them helped us find a restaurant after a musical on a sunday night at 9pm when everything seemed to be closed in the area. I can't remember his name but he was the best!! Always smiling and opening the doors for us.
I would go back to this hotel if I'd get a good price. I can deal with the tiny room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This recently renovated, Manhattan boutique hotel has unveiled a completed couture masterpiece by award-winning designer Jordan Mozer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Renaissance New York Hotel 57 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance New York City
- Hotel 57 New York
- New York City Renaissance