The lobby is quite stylish and understated in browns; very soothing. As with many NYC hotels, the downstairs lobby is small; the 'real' lobby is on the 2nd floor with access to the restaurant (Opia), some oddly shaped but very comfortable chairs, and the elevators to the rooms.
The elevators are small but functional, and the hallways narrow. They hide the central 'courtyard' with sheer curtains, which lend a nice touch. Once at our room, well, as others have said, it was small. We booked a double, which meant one queen bed. There was only enough room for one nightstand, but they put in a shelf under the windows which then wrapped around to the built-in desk. And built-in TV. And built in closets. Total square footage in the room couldn't have been more than about 225-250 square feet, and that included the little hallway from the door past the back wall of the bathroom. We were on the 8th floor, a little set back from the street, so street noise was never an issue. Once we set the air conditioner to the right temperature, we slept well, too.
The bathroom was actually roomy, with a nice, strong, hot shower and lovely amenities. Towels were fluffy, sheets were crisp and clean. At $450/night, we were glad the client was picking up the tab; if we had to pay for a room in NYC, we probably would have shopped around for a better deal.
The restaurant, Opia, served very good food; we were not disappointed with our choices. When we left, they asked if we needed transportation to the airport, when we said yes, we were told they had a car available for $40 flat rate. That's a little more than we would have paid for a medallion cab, but the car was more comfortable, and the driver accommodated our request to stop at two terminals (we were leaving on different airlines).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This recently renovated, Manhattan boutique hotel has unveiled a completed couture masterpiece by award-winning designer Jordan Mozer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance New York Hotel 57 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance New York City
- Hotel 57 New York
- New York City Renaissance