“Cozy. Comfortable. Am I in NYC?”

Renaissance New York Hotel 57
Ranked #298 of 466 Hotels in New York City
New England
“Cozy. Comfortable. Am I in NYC?”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

When I checked into the Renaissance New York Hotel, 57, I was warmly greeted by name. The first floor lobby is a staging area. The full lobby is on the 2nd floor. There was a artistic gas flame fireplace glowing, and sharp Renaissance Navigator ready to assist me map a needed Midtown location. The front desk associate upgraded my room, to a corner room with a huge bath tub and a room with elegant wood paneling. The bed was a typical comfortable Marriott bed. The East 57 Street was quite. Past Madison and Park Avenues. Little if no street noise. No floor noise. A very comfortable stay. The hotel restaurant serves a wonderful French toast. I will return

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on a high floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Woopiedo
RenaissanceNYHotel57, General Manager at Renaissance New York Hotel 57, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thanks for the review that describes us perfectly! We look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was at the hotel for a business function - the dinner was hosted at the Opia. With a group of about 30, I later found out I was one of the very few placed on the 3rd floor, which houses the hotel offices and the fitness room. I should have got an idea that "this is not a good idea" and asked for room change immediately.

On this floor (my room #304), one can hear not only the street noises, but, most annoyingly, the rambling coming from the subway. I could not believe that there was no other rooms at the higher floor that I could be accomondated based on my arrival time.

The hotel staff does have the power over guests' experiences. Just a reminder - ask for the higher level if you stay at this property!!

Pros: Good-sized room (almost too much space for too little furniture - a coffee table and comfy chairs in #304 maybe?), nice bathroom
Cons: Noise and rambling, staff with an attidude

Room Tip: Higher level. Doomed if you are on the 3rd floor. Ask for change immediately.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank HugoEli
We do have some of our larger rooms on the third floor - so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay, we would have happily moved up up a few floors during your stay. I hope that you allow us another opportunity to accomodate you in the future.
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Gorgeous hotel, incredibly friendly staff, and even better location. I didn't stay here, but definitely plan to in the future! They hunted me down a cab even when there were none available. Thanks hotel Renaissance, I look forward to seeing you all soon.

• Stayed January 2013
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I took my wife out for a night in the city and used my points to stay here.
First of all the staff went out of their way to find us a room when we arrived early. Then they were very helpful with recommendations for things to do and places to see.
Finally te room was actually luxurious by manhattan standards. I've paid $500 a night for a broom closet sized room with a lumpy bed, but this place was roomy and comfortable and cost as much in points as a residence inn!!!

Overall a great experience. I'll be back.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank BusinessTravelDude
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nice clean hotel very centrally located on E57. Room was tiny, but it's Manhattan so you get what you paid for. Didn't eat or drink anything in the hotel so can't comment on that, but the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the lobby was not bad. Would recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dcbuddyobuddy
RenaissanceNYHotel57, General Manager at Renaissance New York Hotel 57, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thanks for your posting and positive comments!
Colorado
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good location unless you on theater bound - then consider something closer to Times Square. I was pleasantly surprised by the Renaissance New York Hotel 57. The rooms are nice but small. I was given a corner room upgrade on the 14th floor- Was very quiet and looked larger than the other rooms on the floor. One complaint was bumping my shin on the bad frame constantly when trying to use the desk (yes it really is that small and tight). Bathroom was very clean and well laid out for space- nice size tub/shower combo. I did need to call for service to a clogged drain but they replied quickly and fixed it. The hotel staff is great. Housekeeper and turn down attendant but great ladies. The nice Russian born bellman was really great at recommending great food for delivery one late evening when I was tired. Restaurant service was the only letdown. They had terribly slow service, manager yelling at staff in Spanish (as a speaker I was really offended by his words) and poor food quality (hence the need for delivery). Even this won’t stop me from returning to the hotel. The Renaissance New York Hotel 57 is a good value in New York.

Room Tip: Corner room on higher floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank eccewbd
Florida
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great location...we love playing in Central Park for a few days out of every trip we take when we go to New York so R57 is perfect for that. The rooms are nice, nothing to brag about but always clean. Bathrooms are usually spotless. We've had a patio/balcony room once and that was pretty cool; don't find many places with those in NYC.
The hotel bar staff are great. Bellmen always nice...check in has never been a problem and dinner reservations easy & usually right on when you ask for certain foods.
GREAT PLACE for the money you'll spend.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are a great value...if you're going to spend the money might as well live it up!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Natorzmom
RenaissanceNYHotel57, General Manager at Renaissance New York Hotel 57, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Glad that you enjoyed our property and our staff. We look forward to having you return for your return trip to New York City. Our location is perfect!