“Comfortable, clean rooms with great service”

Renaissance New York Hotel 57
Ranked #304 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I took my wife out for a night in the city and used my points to stay here.
First of all the staff went out of their way to find us a room when we arrived early. Then they were very helpful with recommendations for things to do and places to see.
Finally te room was actually luxurious by manhattan standards. I've paid $500 a night for a broom closet sized room with a lumpy bed, but this place was roomy and comfortable and cost as much in points as a residence inn!!!

Overall a great experience. I'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank BusinessTravelDude
There are newer reviews for Renaissance New York Hotel 57

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nice clean hotel very centrally located on E57. Room was tiny, but it's Manhattan so you get what you paid for. Didn't eat or drink anything in the hotel so can't comment on that, but the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the lobby was not bad. Would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dcbuddyobuddy
RenaissanceNYHotel57, General Manager at Renaissance New York Hotel 57, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Thanks for your posting and positive comments!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good location unless you on theater bound - then consider something closer to Times Square. I was pleasantly surprised by the Renaissance New York Hotel 57. The rooms are nice but small. I was given a corner room upgrade on the 14th floor- Was very quiet and looked larger than the other rooms on the floor. One complaint was bumping my shin on the bad frame constantly when trying to use the desk (yes it really is that small and tight). Bathroom was very clean and well laid out for space- nice size tub/shower combo. I did need to call for service to a clogged drain but they replied quickly and fixed it. The hotel staff is great. Housekeeper and turn down attendant but great ladies. The nice Russian born bellman was really great at recommending great food for delivery one late evening when I was tired. Restaurant service was the only letdown. They had terribly slow service, manager yelling at staff in Spanish (as a speaker I was really offended by his words) and poor food quality (hence the need for delivery). Even this won’t stop me from returning to the hotel. The Renaissance New York Hotel 57 is a good value in New York.

Room Tip: Corner room on higher floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank eccewbd
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great location...we love playing in Central Park for a few days out of every trip we take when we go to New York so R57 is perfect for that. The rooms are nice, nothing to brag about but always clean. Bathrooms are usually spotless. We've had a patio/balcony room once and that was pretty cool; don't find many places with those in NYC.
The hotel bar staff are great. Bellmen always nice...check in has never been a problem and dinner reservations easy & usually right on when you ask for certain foods.
GREAT PLACE for the money you'll spend.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are a great value...if you're going to spend the money might as well live it up!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Natorzmom
RenaissanceNYHotel57, General Manager at Renaissance New York Hotel 57, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Glad that you enjoyed our property and our staff. We look forward to having you return for your return trip to New York City. Our location is perfect!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed one night for business so the room was perfect for what I needed. The staff was all very helpful and super friendly. The room was clean and the bathroom was quite large. I wished there was a full length mirror in the room as the only one was in the bathroom. Bed was comfy and the noise level wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (I was on the 10th floor). Loved the Aveda bath products! The weekday rate was pretty decent for the room and that made this stay average.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Off2Vaca
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel was perfectly located for us as I was running in Central Park on New Years Eve so this made getting to and from the park very easy. The rooms are comfortable and well kept but the 'double' beds are too small for two people and we aren't big people! We were in Rm 407 but could hear the lift rumbling up and down. It also took a long time to get the lift, so more often than not we would walk down to the street. Well equipped fitness suite and lovely polite staff.

Room Tip: Go higher than the 4th floor! Oh, and go to the Palace Restaurant a few doors away for a great brea...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I am giving this a low review, but I have not stayed at this hotel yet. I will update the review once I stay there in March, as I’m hoping Marriott will help us out with this. The reason for this review is to make sure that potential guests are aware of the room sizes. I booked my room through Priceline and am incredibly disappointed. There are 3 adults going to New York in the spring, so we booked a standard room. One would think that a standard room is either 2 double beds or 1 queen or king size bed. However, this is not the case for the Renaissance hotels. A standard room is a double bed with no room for a rollaway. I called the hotel after I booked the room and was told that the reservation was for a standard room and there would be room for a rollaway bed. I thought that would be perfect. Well, we decided to add an extra night (as the airfare was considerably cheaper a day earlier) and I called the Marriott Renaissance reservation department. The nice gentleman informed that the Renaissance hotels have different “standard” rooms than other Marriott hotels. So, standard for one is not standard for another, which is slightly ironic considering the definition of “standard.” Now, in order to fit us all into a room we are going to have to pay considerably more than we anticipated and budgeted. This is quite a disappointment to all involved in this trip. I’m sure the hotel is as lovely as everyone has said; however, if the 3 of us can’t fit into our room it probably won’t be so lovely. So, moral of the story – don’t book on Priceline because they don’t give clear descriptions of what constitutes a standard room and make sure you know the differing room sizes at the Renaissance hotels.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer B
RenaissanceNYHotel57, General Manager at Renaissance New York Hotel 57, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

If you could reach out to me directly we will be sure to have you blocked into a room that meets your needs. We look forward to your stay!