i've stayed at this hotel twice before but after my stay this weekend I'd rather not return again!
the hotel was still trendy and comfortable, had a nice room with a view of the chrysler building but boy did I have to wait long to get the room! i arrived at the hotel about 4 pm and the room wasn't ready. No problem, i just put my stuff in my sister's room and decided to go out and do some shopping.
I return at 7 and was given the keys to my room..great! after gathering all my stuff on the 16th floor, i went to my room on the 13th floor to get settled in. when i got there though, housekeeping is in the room and says they need another half hour! at this point i had to take my stuff back up to the 16th floor to my sister's room. we went out for dinner at that time, of course I didn't get to shower and freshen up. by the time i returned the room was ready, thank god!
the night after was when i reallly got upset. at 11pm i hear a knock at the door. I look through the peephole and can't recognize the male individual. then the person outside yells..'security!!". i was really freaked out because how am i supposed to know if this really is 'security'??? I called front desk who says that when my sister booked the room the credit card was declined. they said they called the room earlier to inform us of this but got no response. At this point i asked ' so couldn't you have called again or inform me that security is gonna be knocking at my door at 11 pm????'
my sister then went downstairs only to realize that when the card was charged, the hotel actually entered the WRONG credit card number, no wonder the card was declined!!!!!
the person who attended to her apologized and said he didn't know who sent 'security' up to my room. incidentally neither of us got that message on our answering machines but what really disturbed me was the way the hotel handled the situation. i really didn't appreciate someone knocking at my door at that hour. i felt very very unsafe.
i think the hotel management could have handled this much better but obviously we were not that important guests to them. sigh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renaissance New York Hotel 57 is a recently renovated Midtown Manhattan boutique hotel that has unveiled a couture masterpiece by award-winning designer Jordan Mozer. We offer comfort and style in one of NYC's most sophisticated neighborhoods close to top New York City attractions like Fifth Avenue and Central Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelPower, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance New York Hotel 57 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance New York City
- Hotel 57 New York
- New York City Renaissance