This upscale Marriott property has two remarkable things going for it. First, it's REALLY obscure in its location. There are no door men outside to take your bags or large marquee announcing its presence right off Lexington Avenue. We literally were standing on the door mat that said "Renaissance" on it and were completely lost until we noticed a small sign saying "Opia" and I remembered that was its restaurant. But its presence isn't the only thing that's understated. Attention to detail is remarkable,too. When I requested its turn down service in the evening, I was very surprised to find that in addition to the customary chocolates left by the pillows, the staff had judged ( correctly) which was the female side of the bed and had placed on my side a packet of makeup remover towelettes. For morning breakfast, I was pleased with a gleaming and very hot pot of good coffee but when I went to add milk from the small ceramic pitcher I was amazed that it was actually hot. Very lovely. I don't know if the price we paid for a decent queen sized bedroom with an oversized bath ( $152) is a long-lived special promotion or if it will disappear when this place catches on but this is really an outstanding value in a hard to please town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This recently renovated, Manhattan boutique hotel has unveiled a completed couture masterpiece by award-winning designer Jordan Mozer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Renaissance New York Hotel 57 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance New York City
- Hotel 57 New York
- New York City Renaissance