“Outstanding Swordfish”
Review of Bar Americain

Bar Americain
Reserve with OpenTable
Bar Americain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #400 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 6th and 7th Avenue
Transit: N/R and 1/9/F/D/B
Description: Bar Americain is an American Brasserie featuring regional American food created by Bobby Flay.
Fallon, Nevada
“Outstanding Swordfish”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

My brother recommended. He made reservations an hour before we needed to be there. Was impressed that we were able to get one on that short a notice and on a Friday night. We were promptly seated and asked if we would be going to a show. Service was prompt and courteous. While my brother said the food was not as good as it used to be, he said it was still good. My swordfish was outstanding - as was all the rest of my meal. There were many things on the menu I would have liked to have tried, but alas - only there for a hour. Definitely recommend swordfish and tartare.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank lanie101

• Korean first
oceanside, ca
“Bustling with customers and staff”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

On a busy night, I popped in as a single business traveller looking to blend in with the crowd. The manager greeted me like a friend and efficiently seated me with a great view of the magnificent dining room and bar area. The service was attentive, thorough and made me feel very welcome. The server offered suggestions and seemed interested in ensuring a wonderful experience, without making me feel rushed. Service was well orchestrated, keeping the service moving smoothly. Dishes I enjoyed were well seasoned, balanced and flavorful - cioppino was one of the best I've had. For lively bar restaurant feel, and great food, lovely staff - I recommend!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank swprior
New York City, New York
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Friend suggested. No reservation n were seated immediatley. Staff was fruendly, never rushed. Food was flavorful n fabulous. Teen loved the cornbread. Great experience.

1 Thank aprweiss
Markham, Canada
“Amazing service, TOP notch food”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

went with a table of 6 booked by the hotel we were staying at. The food was perfect and the pork chop was one of the best in my life. Great location to Times square and a staff that were great to make recommendations. The Manager made some wine recommendations that ended up better than the choices we made on the first round ourselves.

Very impressive!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank thehotelguy231
Boston, Massachusetts
“What Is There to Say?”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Excellent all around! My husband and I had brunch at Bar Americain on our last day in NYC. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly. Described all of the dishes to us prior to ordering, which made us want to order every dish!!

The food is amazing. We shared the American Beignets to start. They were light and airy and served with a side of assorted jellies, strawberry jalepeno, tangerine pink peppercorn, cherry bourbon, etc.

For my main dish I had the waffles with caramel sauce and sauteed apples. Very flavorful waffles and the sauce was amazing! My husband had the biscuits and gravy. I had to stop him from licking his plate clean.

We have been to a number of Bobby Flay's restaurants, and they never fail to deliver delicious food! If you have the opportunity, I definitely recommend trying Bar Americain.

Visited March 2014