“Steak was Devine”
Review of Bar Americain

Bar Americain
Reserve with OpenTable
Bar Americain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #400 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 6th and 7th Avenue
Transit: N/R and 1/9/F/D/B
Description: Bar Americain is an American Brasserie featuring regional American food created by Bobby Flay.
New York City, New York
“Steak was Devine”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Went here before a show. Cornbread sticks in bread basket was yummy! Service was excellent, attentive without being disruptive. I had the spiced rubbed strip steak, cooked perfectly. Mashed potatoes excellent, asparagus ok. The apple tart, more of a large cookie, awesome.

Visited November 2013

• Korean first
Brecksville, Ohio
“Eh....not impressed”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My husband and I went here for a quick bite prior to going to Saturday evening mass at St. Pats Cathedral. We ate at the bar. The Bloody Mary I ordered was fantastic. I ordered a naked burger, medium well. The burger was charred on the outside and completely rare on the inside. I couldn't eat it, and I didn't have time to send it back. I did enjoy the fries that came with the meal, those were delicious! My husband was kind enough to swap me dishes. He ordered the chicken pot pie which was tasty, had a kick to it. Made me wish I'd have gotten that instead. The burger was honestly the worst I've had. My husband prefers his burgers medium, so he was OK with the rareness. But even for him, it was too rare. Kind of unfortunate, but it happens.

Melbourne, Florida
“Expected more.”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Our party arrived pre-show for dinner. We were seated upstairs overlooking the bar and tables below. Shows a little wear and tear: burn spots from the bulbs on the light shades and dead bugs lying on top of shades gave it a run-down kind of feeling. Not visible from below, I'm sure. Service was attentive. Drinks were excellent. Food was just average. Sauces tended to overpower the entrees. Three different meals served at my table, none of us were impressed enough to want to venture back.

• Visited August 2013
Forked River, New Jersey
“Very good Times Square Restaurant!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I went here last Saturday before going to the theatre. The location was good---Times Square but a bit away from the crowds. The cocktails were good and the food was very good too! The service was excellent too. The corn bread sticks in the bread basket were a nice surprise! My guest and I had the fried chicken (very good and moist, but you"ll be disappointed if you are into quantity) and the tangerine glazed pork chop (very good but not spectacular). The desserts we ordered were excellent.....the profiteroles and the white chocolate/banana mousse cake. I would definitely not have a problem coming here again and will concider it when I come back to NYC!

Buffalo, New York
“Steak Dinner for 6”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Delicious steak dinner with interesting sides like their famous fries, mashed potatoes and creamed kale. We started the night at their busy bar then after a short time were seated and had super apps. Lobster and avocado, devised eggs topped with shrimp and a wonder ful pancetta poached egg salad. We finished the meal with 3 super desserts.