“Go ahead and splurge!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bar Americain

Bar Americain
Reserve with OpenTable
Bar Americain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #429 of 13,548 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 6th and 7th Avenue
Transit: N/R and 1/9/F/D/B
Description: Bar Americain is an American Brasserie featuring regional American food created by Bobby Flay.
Toronto
“Go ahead and splurge!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Yep, this restaurant is pricey, but you're in NYC! You're at Bobby Flay's restaurant! Go ahead and splurge - enjoy the experience.

The food here was good, but our waitress made the evening better. She was quite honest when I attempted to order the bratwurst. She quietly let me know that she would recommend another dish because this one was particularly dry and not great.

I ordered the pork chop instead, which was the largest insane portion of a pork chop I have ever seen. It wasn't cooked entirely in the center, but I couldn't have eaten the whole thing anyway.

But, let me tell you about dessert! Please, please, please try the German's Chocolate Cake. It was divine, and about the size of a bread box. Perfect for sharing!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Cassandra S

• Korean first
Forty Fort,PA
“Nice atmosphere, curtious staff, average food. Close to Times Square.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Recently dined at Bar Americain. Everything was good, but I was expecting great. Had the Seafood Cocktail Sampler and that E's very good. The bread they bring you was also delicious. I ordered the filet mignon and that was where the food went south. I ordered it medium, but it was charred on the outside, well done in the sides, and the center medium well at best. It just didn't taste like filet. That is why I say average for food, since it was $42 without any sides. I did have the cauliflower gratin for $9 and that was amazing. I found all staff to be polite and professional, but our server did not have any good reviews of the food unless it was upwards of $40. I felt pressured into ordering the filet even after I told him I only eat red meat every so often and was looking for something else. I don't think I would make it a point to go again.

1 Thank ugotjaw1982
toronto
“thanks bobby flay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Have to say that Bobby Flay is a grill master. His restaurant Bar Americaine was an excellent choice if you wanted a great steak and fine dining experience. The service was attentive and efficient. The dining room had a nice ambience. The restaurant may not be the best choice however, if you have kids as there is limited menu items for a picky eater. Needless to say, my kids enjoyed the steak and fries. The blackened prime rib looked exactly like the one presented in the cookbook and the most delicious and tender steak we have ever had. We were very impressed with the dining experience at Bar Americaine

Visited March 2013
New York USA
“Amazing food, but a little pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I normally the celebrity restaurants, but this place rocks. The prices are a but high, but the food is fresh and amazing. The steak tartar is awesome, my wife's burger was also very good (she gave me a bite). They also have a raw bar that looked impressive but I did not partake.

• Visited April 2012
Connecticut
“Second Time was a Charm !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We visited Bar American (3) years ago, and gave it an average review. Mainly due to the poor service.

This time was great! We visited Bar American in the early afternoon to see if we would be able to reserve seating for that evening. We were told it would be no problem. The only question they asked was what time we would like to return. Upon returning later that evening we were seated immediately and greeted warmly by our server for the evening "Dennis". Both our meals were excellent from start to finish. To give you an idea of cost: (2) apps, (2) entrees, (2) coffees, (3) glasses of wine, and (1) shared desert was $200.00 not including tip. Well worth it for the establishment itself not factoring in NYC near Time Square. I do recommend calling ahead for reservations if you are visiting in the summer.

We shall return!