“Gramercy Park - Best Service in the City”

Gramercy Park Hotel
Ranked #86 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Had a blast at the Gramercy Park Hotel last weekend in large part to the wonderful staff! The room, location, Rose Bar accesibility, etc. all lived up to lofty expectations. However, the staff blew my mind. The service was very personalized and high touch, ensuring a wonderful stay. Director of Operations, Chelsea, really enhanced our Gramercy Park experience from the second we checked in until check out. The Gramercy Park team truly do have a servants heart and I would go back in a heartbeat. Enjoy.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Wow! Thank you Scott. We are truly humbled by your beautiful review of the property. Gramercy is a special place and our team here really brings it to life each and everyday. SO hearing that they blew you away, is just magical. We look to personalize the guest experience so when we hear of the successes we are just over the moon! Please be sure to reach out when your travels bring you back so that we can ensure that you are well taken care of.

Daniel Entenberg

Write a ReviewReviews (1,480)

Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is only the second time I have stayed at the hotel but will be the last time.
I travel to the Fancy Food Show every year from the UK and expect a great hotel for the price I paid
Although the hotel and rooms are beautiful so many little things let you down this time.
-The terrace bar is now closed to residents. Having breakfast here last year was the best experience in the hotel for me
-The fact I can only get a coffee, juice and pastry prior to 10 am for breakfast is terrible. I was away on business and left at 9 am every day
-The gym was far to small with little equipment.
-I had a late flight and was told to change in the downstairs bathrooms as you don't provide courtesy rooms/showers.
I did bring these complaints to reception staff but was told that's the way it is and nothing could be done about it.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Paul M
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Hello Paul - Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us, although I am truly sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. Since your last visit a year ago many great new changes have come about here at Gramercy. We have updated these great enhancements on our website, so I am sorry that you were not able to see them prior to arrival. Many hotels throughout the City evolve overtime to stay competitive with the Market. Regarding our Terrace Space, we were excited to launch the venue as a Private events space back in September 2013. It has been a great success for us, can you believe we had over 52 weddings last year and were featured in "The Knot" magazine as a TOP NY wedding destination! Surely if the space is not being used you are always welcome to enjoy the Terrace space. With our Fitness Center, while we relocated the space to the opposite side of the building, we created a great hotel fitness center. Brand new, state of the art, Life Fitness Cardio equipment was installed. In addition, with the Spinning phase that is sweeping the nation, we have a SPIN bike as well along with an array of dumbells and flat benches. What is a unique feature about the fitness center, is the indoor/outdoor concept. Guests may grab one of our yoga or stretch mats and head out to the courtyard for a stretch or workout, truly the guests have been loving it! Lastly, with Maialino full breakfast service beginning at 10AM, you must be referencing the weekend Brunch. Of course we always offer In Room Dining all day breakfast in your room. Due to the popularity and intricacy of Brunch preparation, the weekend start time is indeed pushed to 10AM, but trust me....its well worth the wait. Rated as one of the TOP 5 breakfast venues in New York City.....it is tough to beat!
Should your travels bring you back to New York in the near future, please reach out to me directly so that I may personally ensure you are well taken care of.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Staff are fantastic and match the wonderful vibe created throughout the hotel. The Rose bar is a must as is the rooftop dining. Also, quite wonderfully guests have access to the Grammery Park itself upon request

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thanks for making your way up from Nashville! So pleased to hear that you had such a great time here at Gramercy. The team here at the property truly bring it to life each and every day, so i was glad to hear that you were able to connect with them. Rose Bar as you mentioned is a must! Not sure if you were able to experience the live music on Tuesdays and Thursday nights....but it is just amazing. Then of course no trip is complete without a visit through the private gates of Gramercy Park! Looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I love the GPH. Impeccable service, homey but contemporary decor, and a historic location. Stayed last minute because my flight had been canceled, and was treated to a complimentary room upgrade and chocolate bar waiting for me upon arrival.

Room Tip: The larger rooms are worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thank you Molly! Flawless.....truly humbled by your wonderful feedback. The team here at Gramercy really bring this property to life each and everyday. We always try to surprise and delight whenever possible, so I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the unexpected upgrade and the satisfaction of a sweet tooth. We know how tough cancelled flights can be, so if we can ease that pressure....always happy to do it! Looking forward to welcome you back for another great stay here at Gramercy.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I along with our 3 children took a suite at the Grammercy Park Hotel for the last weekend in June for a friend's wedding. The staff and service were kind and excellent. The rooms were clean and beautifully furnished. The wedding was the best part of all, located on the rooftop terrace. It was magical. Thank you for a perfect weekend - we will definitely come back!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Hello Suzanne! So glad to hear that you and the family had such a great weekend with us. We love kids here at Gramercy....I've got 2 little ones at home, so I ensure first hand that we take care of the little ones when staying here at Gramercy. You are truly fortunate to have experienced a wedding here at Gramercy. The Terrace is absolutely beautiful and weddings are just magical. We were actually just featured in "The Knot" magazine as one of the TOP New York wedding destinations, truly a humbling honor. Looking forward to welcome you back for another outstanding weekend here at Gramercy.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed here last Christmas with my wife before heading to her family in Jersey. Great location with a park nearby. The room may not be that big but it's just the 2 of us so it's enough and the staff was very nice and accommodating. We just killed time here en route to our destination and we're glad we chose to stay here. Great experience overall.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

So pleased to hear you had such a great time here with us at Gramercy! Although for a short, stop over visit, a visit none the less. Holidays are such a beautiful time here in the city and I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed a night here at Gramercy. Hopefully this coming season you will find time to return perhaps for a little longer. The property is absolutely beautiful, so I am fortunate to have shared it with you and look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

GPH is fantastic. The decor is ultra hip with class, and the service and people are wonderful. I got upgraded to a suite on a high floor over looking Lexington Ave. The amenities from the Platinum AmEx card are great.

The rooms with Japanese soaking tubs are very cool. I am actually redoing my bathroom at home and using the GPH bathroom as a guide. The Assistant Front Office Manager Maryna was kind enough to take me to a room with a Japanese soaking tub, and wait while I measured and took pictures. She was very accommodating.

The bartender on Fathers Day was Jonas, and he is superb. He is friendly, fast, and makes excellent drinks.

Gavin, one of the managers, did everything to make my stay there superior in every way.

The location is great and I consider GPH my home-away-from-home while in NYC. I have been to NYC four times in the past three years, and I have stayed here every time. I love it and will definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

WOW!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your outstanding experience with us. The entire team here at Gramercy is truly dedicated to delivering memorable experiences day in and day out. So pleased to hear how Gavin paved the way for such a great stay, drinks from Jonas at the bar.....can't think of a better way to enjoy fathers day. Good luck on the bathroom remodel!! The design is timeless, so enjoy it for years to come!