“Fabulous "Getaway"”

Gramercy Park Hotel
Ranked #98 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Wife and I were looking for a one-night "getaway staycation" while the in-laws looked after the kids and found ourselves at the Gramercy Park Hotel. Awesome choice! Cool vibe with a warm, welcoming staff that did everything they could to make sure we had a pleasant stay. They also have keys to Gramercy Park which was an added treat. Everything about the stay was perfect! Great room, comfortable bed, nice people and yummy room service! Highly recommend....

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Hello David - As a father of 2....I can truly appreciate the joy of a staycation! I was so pleased to hear that it hit the spot for you and your wife. The property is fabulous, just as you mentioned! Romance is always in the air at GPH! Of course you can't beat Park access.....strolling through the only private park in New York City....now that's Insider Access!
Looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Daniel Entenberg

Write a ReviewReviews (1,502)

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Great hotel, phenomenal atmosphere starting right in the lobby. I got an amazing room, spacious, clean - all bells and whistles. Restaurant and Bar looked nice - apparently it's so good that you should rather book your table ahead. We went around the corner to one of the many other amazing restaurants for dinner. Location of the hotel is another great plus.
Overall really good value for the money - wish I could have stayed longer

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

WOW! Thank Hermann! It was such a pleasure to connect with you and I was so happy to hear of your enjoyment with the property. Maialino is wonderful....we always recommend booking ahead of time, as tables fill very quickly due to the popularity of the venue. Chef Nick does an outstanding job with everything made from scratch. Please let me know when you're back in the city so that I may personally organize a table for you....I recommend the Peccrino Pasta...Delicious!!!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

a must, perfect in a ll ways, service from the second you open the door till the time you leave, friendly faces and even better space and location. Room was fantastic, well maintained, spacious, every time in in New York, this will be the only place to stay, thank you

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Hello RT - Thank you so much for sharing! The entire team focuses on the guest experience from the point of entry until your departure, so hearing of your satisfaction is just fabulous! As you mentioned, location is KEY! Gramercy is steps away from transit hubs and is tucked away on a tree lined street, across from the only private park in New York City....so you get location and solitude when you put your head down at night.
Looking forward to welcome you back to Gramercy very soon!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I love the Gramercy Park Hotel. I have stayed here at least 5 times in the past 6 months for business and cannot find one fault. The location is perfect, the restaurant is not a typical "hotel" restaurant and the food is really great - I've had breakfast, lunch and dinner at Maialino - all have been great meals. Ok, now back to the hotel.... I first walked in and LOVED it. It is small, intimate and if I could recreate the smell, I would. I am not sure if it is the candles they burn or the fireplace, or a combination of the two, but it is amazing. The art work in the hotel is beautiful and I really enjoy seeing original artwork. The fact that it is by famous artists makes it even more memorable. I've been in two different room grades and they are both nice. The loft room was great - it had a large farm table in the middle of the room with plenty of seats and my room overlooked the street with a view to the park. The queen room is smaller but very comfortable and cozy. The bed and linens are always clean, crisp and I've never had any issues with loud music, noise in the hall, etc. The amenities are great - top of the line shampoos, lotions, bath salts are in every room. Before I booked here I was nervous that it might be a bit stuffy based on some reviews. The people who work at the hotel are great - friendly and helpful. I have not had a bad experience and recommend the hotel for business or pleasure. I cannot wait to stay there when the weather warms up so I can take advantage of getting into the private park. It is easily my favorite hotel in NY and am more than willing to give up my points at another hotel chain just to experience it. Well worth it!

Room Tip: I've stayed in the smaller queen rooms and the loft room - both were fab. The queen room is sma...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Hello STIR - Thank you so much for the amazing feedback. The property is outstanding and by no means stuffy, so I am pleased that you gave it a shot and that we have won you over! There are certain aspects of a hotel experience that no point program can compare to as you graciously shared. Be live by the guest experience, surprising and delighting at every moment of the day. With regards to that smell you experienced....well it can be replicated! It is our Signature scent "Cade 26" sold in our Minibars...guest love it and its our Top Seller in the minibar....you too can take Gramercy home with you. Light it up in the living room, close your eyes, turn on that music and you will be transported back to Gramercy!
Looking forward to welcome you back very soon! Please keep in touch and let me know when your travels bring you back.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My girlfriend and I just got back from a fantastic experience at the Gramercy. We went to town to celebrate her birthday. When making reservations, I was asked if this was a special occasion. I told them it was and shortly after arrival - there was a delicious birthday cake delivered to our room - complements of the house. The location is great, a quaint section adjacent to Gramercy Park and very close to the hot funky areas we wanted to be near - the meatpacking district, soho and Chelsea. The room and general decor was great - with a rock and roll edge - and the bed was really comfortable. The staff was great - friendly, approachable and really interested in making sure we were happy. Just a great vibe all around. We loved dinner at Maialino so much we ended up having brunch there as well. The whole experience at the Gramercy was really beyond what we expected - we will return for sure and highly recommend you check it out- just great all around. Cheers!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Steven - Thank you again for choosing Gramercy to celebrate the special occasion of your special occasion. The team loves looking after guests with special celebrations planned and they do what they can to ensure your time at Gramercy is both special and memorable! Glad you enjoyed the cake, our Pastry team does an outstanding job day in and day out! SO pleased to hear you made it over to Maialino for Dinner, Chef Nick does an amazing job. I am loving the Pasta Pecorino these days, delicious! Looking forward to welcome you back for another special night....or just because!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We live in New York, but make it a point to occasionally spend evenings out at hotels. Because we had such a beautiful experience the first time we stayed at GPH, we've decided to make it a tradition to come back every year for our anniversary. This year, upon arriving and checking in, they graciously allowed us to change rooms three times before we found the room we liked. And after discovering that it was our anniversary, the manager sent up a bottle of bubby with a sweet note wishing us a happy celebration.

The rooms at GPH are always beautifully decorated, plush and so comfortable. The bathrooms feel like ship cabins in the best way possible—dark wood, beautiful tile, perfect lighting. There is no better place to stay in New York for a transporting experience that feels so old-school, but totally on par with the best service in the city and happens to be attached to one of the best restaurants in New York.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Such a pleasure to connect and thank you again for the wonderful feedback about the property. Celebrating special occasions are important to us here at Gramercy....having chosen our hotel to share your Anniversary is an honor which we hold dearly, therefore it is important to us that we celebrate with you! Looking forward to have you and your wife back again for another anniversary in 2015!! By the way, thank you for sending me the personalized thank you card, that was very thoughtful.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I think the property is gorgeous. My room was clean and well-appointed. Everything at check-in went very smoothly. The staff is exceptionally friendly and willing to help you. I would definitely go back. Also, it seemed very quiet inside. They must've invested in some padding of some kind when they renovated it last.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Hello Chris - Thank you for the great feedback! The entire team is always focused on the details of the guest experience. Every touch point does not go unnoticed, so we are truly flattered by your feedback. Being set on the only private park in New York city has its advantages, peace and quiet is certainly one of those! No horns, no sirens....truly an escape from the hustle and bustle of NYC! Looking forward to welcome you back soon!