“The best of NY”

Gramercy Park Hotel
Ranked #88 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We have stayed in this special hotel for many years. A beautiful location on private Gramercy Park (stillness in the midst of Manhattan). Perfectly situated for access to Uptown and Downtown.
It is an elegant hotel. One of the loveliest lobbies in the city -- very European. And the rooms are incredibly comfortable. But the best part of GPH is the service. From the front desk to housekeeping, the concierge staff to room service, we always feel like we are coming home. We have tried many other hotels in NYC over the years, but in the last 6, we just stay at GPH. We simply can't recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: We prefer the rooms that face Lexington Avenue, very sunny and lovely during the day. Our favorites...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Hello Irene - What a wonderful treat to read your review at the beginning of my week! The property is truly outstanding and I am fortunate you have called it home for the last 6 years. The team here at Gramercy anticipates the arrival of every guest that stays with us and looks forward to personalize their experience. So great to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back to your New York City home!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The location is in a quiet neighborhood, next to a beautiful park yet easy access to many NYC attractions. The interior is a stimulating combination of accent lighting, velvet sofas, rustic wood and an oversized fireplace. All the staff members go out of their way to make you comfortable without overdoing it. The room service food was excellent and the conceirge can get you anything you need. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: upgrade to Lexington King with a little more space
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Hello Woodie - Thank you so much for the positive feedback! Gramercy is all about the ambiance....sight, smell, touch....the property magically comes together, but as you shared it is the team who brings it to life, they are absolutely amazing! Glad to hear you enjoyed In Room Dining as well, Chef Jean-Paul does an outstanding job with the southern inspired menu, I personally LOVE the fried pickles...Looking forward to welcome you back to Gramercy very soon!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My favorite parts of the hotel is the scene and the food. Waking up to an amazing breakfast on the park and going to bed to rock and roll in the lobby is what NYC is all about. I would recommend it to anyone from my grandmother to rockstars

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Hello Richard! You certainly nailed it down for us....Nothing like a great vibe and fabulous food....well you certainly have both of those here at Gramercy. Taking in that night cap in Rose Bar and waking up to breakfast in Maialino, voted as one of Top 5 breakfast destinations in New York City! Looking forward to welcome you back soon for another memorable experience.

All the Best,

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Just about to check out after 3 nights at the Gramercy Park Hotel...what can we say. From the minute we walked through the front door we knew that this was not your average modern hotel accommodation.
The signature scent enhanced the already cosy atmosphere of the lobby...with open fire, wood panelling and original artworks, it felt like walking into a plush residence rather than a hotel.
Staff were friendly from the moment we entered and that great service continued throughout our stay..from front desk to housekeeping, everyone had a smile.
We were spoiled with an upgrade to a King room on the Penthouse floor, and I have to say the bed was one of the best I have slept in.....it made it hard to get up on the first morning. After our long flight the day before, I felt like I was in heaven.
IF there is one criticism, it would be that the furnishings in the room LOOK fantastic, but do make navigation around a little tricky. The large table is a fabulous piece, but compromises the space a little.
Otherwise a fabulous stay in a luxurious hotel ...highly recommended.

Room Tip: Higher floors with view of the park
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Hello LouBale - So glad you enjoyed your time at Gramercy! You certainly referenced a great metaphor, comparing the property to luxury residence. I completely agree, walking into the property....seeing the fireplace burning, the scent all around and of course our art collection, I completely agree! Pleased to hear you enjoyed your room on the Penthouse Level....we always try to surprise and delight whenever possible. Looking forward to welcome you back soon and I can organize one of our other room types giving you a bit more flexibility and floor space in the room. Until Next Time....

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I've probably spent at least 20 nights here over the past six months, and it remains my favorite hotel in NYC thanks to its stylish rooms, friendly staff and awesome location. (I can't help but be a little bit biased having lived in Gramercy myself.)

That said, I can't give GPH 5 stars as it has too many minor issues. Unfortunately, and despite the friendly and well-intentioned staff, all are service oriented:

- Wake up calls are either not honored or sent at the wrong time (e.g. 5am instead of 6am, 6:30 instead of 6:45, etc...)
- Room service either slow or unresponsive (asked for cutlery one night and never received it)
- It frequently seems to take a dozen rings or more to get through to the front desk, no matter the time of day
- I was steered away from a 4th floor room as it might be "noisy", but can still feel the bass in the Rose Bar from my 5th floor room at 1am. Having stayed in a half dozen different rooms here, I would never stay below the 8th floor ever again
- Supposed (and advertised) "last-minute tables" at Maialino for hotel guests seem non-existent

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank BrandonM87
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Hello Brandon - My sincerest apologies for the opportunities you experienced on your recent stay with us. Our entire team is focused on the details of the guest experience, so I assure you this situation was an anomaly. The team was truly crushed when they read your feedback and wished they had known of it when you were in house as they are all about turning situations around and making it right. Its great to see we still remain as your TOP destination and Favorite hotel in New York City. When your travels bring you back to New York, please reach out to me directly so that I may personally ensure you are well taken care of.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed for one night and wish I could have stayed longer. A true sense of place with very friendly staff that understand service. Chelsea is a rockstar and assisted me while I was there as well as when I wasn't...she stayed in constanct communication with me as I was stranded at the airport and needed further accommodation. Great vibe, great people, great place!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Hello Michael! Such a treat to have you and your wife experience Gramercy on your recent trip to the City. We are truly fortunate to have a magical team focused on the guest experience....taking care of our guests when they are stranded at the airport is a testament on how our team overcomes adversity to ensure are guests are well taken care of. Chelsea was truly pleased to receive such positive feedback from your experience and we look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Nothing was left to chance. Everyone was on their "A" game and made sure we were more than content every step of the way. The room was decorated with a lot of thought and made our time there most enjoyable. The drinks in the Rose bar were a step above the rest. The warmth from the fireplaces, the decor added the extra touch to make this a hotel a must on your travels. The real test is that we both can't wait to go back there again in the spring.

Room Tip: The staff helped us out every possible way and did everything to make sure we would want to come bac...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Wow Greg! The entire team truly works very hard and comes with their "A" game day in and day out, so your acknowledgment is outstanding! Sure the property is beautiful, but it is our great people who bring it to life. Rose Bar, a must on every visit.....a least for one of our hand crafted cocktails....I personally love the Ginger Fig Martini...delicious! For for a bit more zing, try the pineapple margarita, yum! Looking forward to welcome you back in the spring, we'll be waiting for you!