“Excellent Experience at the Gramercy Park Hotel”

Gramercy Park Hotel
Ranked #90 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Garden City, New York
“Excellent Experience at the Gramercy Park Hotel”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I am pleased to share my experience staying at the Gramercy Park Hotel with you. I have stayed at the GPH a good number of times and in every case it was a pleasure to be there. This is a hotel that has it all together. It's a beautiful property with a sophisticated atmosphere, however, nothing feels over the top or contrived. So many hotels, with good intentions, lay the service on in an all too controlled and orchestrated way. Not here. There is a nice tempo to the place and the management and staff are professional but relaxed. My room accommodation was perfect and more power to the unsung heroes of the hotel industry, the room attendants. They do a wonderful job here at the GPH. Finally, the food and beverage offerings could not be better. The hotels signature restaurant, Maialino, is an enjoyable fine dining experience for dinner and a causal, and relaxed breakfast, brunch and lunch experience. The bar venues are excellent with friendly service and an exciting NYC scene if you are looking for it. All in all, it is at the top of my list of best NYC hotels and one I can recommend strongly. Keep up the good work over there! I'll be back soon. Patrick S

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank PatrickSNYC
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Hello Patrick - thank you so much for taking the time to share you glowing review!! The team really works hard to deliver a personalized experience, so it is so wonderful to have your feedback! I shared your comment with our Room Attendants, they were overjoyed with you feedback, so I truly thank you for giving them a shout out! I've had the opportunity to work at some amazing hotels and are housekeepers here are truly Top Notch!
Looking forward to welcome you back to Gramercy soon!! Please reach out when your travels bring you back.

Daniel Entenberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Leicestershire
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We have just spent five nights at this wonderful hotel and could not have asked for more in any way. The fabulous service starts as soon as you arrive and continues until you leave! We stayed for our 15th Wedding Anniversary and the staff gave us a fabulous cake to celebrate when we arrived!
The bar is lovely and the restaurant looked fabulous for dinner although we did not eat in there (only one breakfast, which was excellent!)
The central location of the hotel is amazing but because it is on a tree lined avenue, you do not get the general noise level that you would get elsewhere (i.e. lots of honking horns!)
The bedroom was lovely and the bed .... well, who would not sleep well with the beautful Egyptian cotton bed sheets and pillow cases. It was lovely to just sink into bed ,....... ahhhh!
The staff were courteous at all times and could not do enough to help.
We had a problem with our shower and our toilet got blocked but as soon as we asked, it was fixed!
There was a lovely smell about the whole hotel which added to the ambience.
We shall be returning ASAP!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SarahL22
Hello Sarah - thank you so much for sharing your feedback!! I am pleased you enjoyed our beds. We just changed out the entire building's mattresses and dropped in a custom one made especially for GPH! Throw in our 300 thread count sheets and it makes for quite the sleeping experience, I've spent multiple nights here myslef and absolutelyt love the beds!
The location as you mentioned is perfect....and the bonus....its a bit off the beaten path so you escape the honking horns and loud cars, quite the GEM for NYC!
Should your travels bring you back to New York in the near future, please reach out to me directly so that I may ensure you are well taken care of.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We spend the weekend there and we love the location, service was great and the bars and restaurant open late and its a place of entreatment for many young New Yorkers.
the room was clean and very beautiful, close to very attractive area

Room Tip: Very small rooms but the Junior suite was excellent
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank dvardy7
So glad to hear you loved the hotel so much!! It truly is a special place and the team works very hard to deliver the fabulous experience which you had! Location is key, which Im sure you took advantage of while here at Gramercy. Should your travels bring you back to the hotel in the near future, please reach out to me directly so that I may ensure you are well taken care of.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My Dear friend Ellie had her wedding reception at the Gramercy and insisted I stay there.
She was absolutely right as from the first moment of arrival everything was pure luxury, style and class.
My bedroom was amazing with the most comfortable king size bed, a bar that lit up in the night, great photography on the walls and a must have bathroom.

The restaurant had some of the best food I have every tasted and attracted a very classy New York crowd who appreciated good food.

Wonderful concierge - Austin who I hope is now enjoying his trip o Paris
I can't wait to return.
Thanks to all the staff who made me feel so welcome.

Room Tip: Higher floor have better views and try and reserve the Penthouse level.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mariettaph
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Sounds like you had an outstanding Gramercy experience! Not only were you able to stay with us, but experience one of the most beautiful Private Venues in the city, our beloved Roof Top Terrace. I am so pleased to hear about your fantastic stay with us, including your interaction with the team. Austin is truly having a great time overseas and we certainly miss him here at Gramercy. Should your travels bring you back to Greamercy in the near future, please reach out to me directly so that I may ensure you are well taken care of.

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We visited GPH in January 2013 and members of my family returned in September 2013. We really loved this hotel. The location was perfect for us - not too loud, away from touristy midtown and walking distance from great shops and restaurants.

What I personally loved the most was the interior of the hotel and rooms - really gorgeous. The hotel does not feel pretentious which is nice and it's got a much more personal, interesting atmosphere than the big chains.

We had a great dinner and breakfast at Maialino. The concierge at the hotel was very helpful and made some great recommendations for places to eat and things to do.

GPH has become our favourite hotel in NYC. We hope to be back over the New York winter.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
So pleased to be your favorite hotel in NYC!!! That truly means a great deal to all of us here at Gramercy. THe desgin and art throughout the hotel is so special and unique as you mentioned. It truly creates a wonderful experience. What really brings the property to life is our Team. Hearing about your pleasent interactions with the concierge is just music to my ears, so I thank you for sharing! Hoping to see you back this Winter as you shared with us. If there is anything you may need for your upcoming trip, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We went for cocktails in The Rose Bar which was simply stunning. The cocktails were amazing and my 6 year old son was treated so kindly. The hotel is simply beautiful and I would highly recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nicandben
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful feedback! Gramercy tgruly is a special place. I am so glad that you were able to experience Rose Bar......We love the little ones too! I was glad to hear that they were taken such good care of. SHould your travels bring you back in the near future, please reach out to me directly so that I may ensure you are well taken care of.

American in Ireland
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is a beautifully discrete oasis of peace in the middle of all the hubbub of New York. The style is really exemplary, spectacular decoration and art throughout, great service and the restaurant is excellent. Fantastic concierge team who deliver a really personal touch and great staff everywhere you turn complete the perfect picture. This is a super stylish very welcoming and impeccably run city retreat where making you feel welcome is job number one every step of the way. The bars are really stellar, a great balance between 'buzz' and 'substance', great service and sublime cocktails (BoHo Sidecar, I miss you already) with cool music and an eclectic crowd and the restaurant Mayalino is a 'don't miss' destination (where is that pancetta from?! It's like the Kobe beef of pork!) with waitstaff who are knowledgeable and charming. The only negative would be room service, which is really slow and the door staff, who seem to be from some other city and unaware on NY.

Room Tip: Deluxe king size bed. Rooms are compact but beautifully designed with great facilities. This is a vi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CaTxEi
So pleased to hear about your fabulous stay here at Gramercy! Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself at the Hotel as well as the Rose Bar and Maialino. I did a little research for you on the Panchetta served in Maialino. I spoke with Chef Nick, he shared that it is actually made in house from scratch! The purveyor sources heritage breed pigs, mostly Berkshires and Durocs, from in and around the Virginia area.
Looking forward to welcome you back soon!!