“Wonderful stay as always!”

Gramercy Park Hotel
Ranked #89 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Los Angeles, California
“Wonderful stay as always!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

i always have the most delightful stay at the Gramercy Park - the rooms are spacious and lovely and the location is perfect! The hotel is beautiful and clean. The Rose Bar is a perfect place to grab a drink with clients or friends and Mailino is delcious! The front desk was very helpful with early check in and late check out. They are also wonderful with restaurant recommendations around the city and making reservations. My room overlooked the park - which was stunning. There are several different layouts of rooms but you really cannot go wrong! A lovely hotel that I keep coming back to!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thanks Shawna! So happy to read about your recent stay. You are truly right, you can't go wrong in any room. Each and every room is unique to its floor plan and exudes history of Gramercy. Rose Bar is a fabulous spot, spot on for client meetings. Please let me know when you'll be back in town so that I may ensure you are well taken care of again.

Daniel Entenberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

It is with great pleasure that I am writing about the GPH and the exceptional experience received by the GPH team, especially in regards to Jennifer Stumpf.

The level of professionalism that Jennifer has delivered is simply exceptional.

I have stayed at the GPH several times, each time the experience has been flawless. For my previous stay Jennifer was able to manage my booking with utter promptness. She took the time to discuss and work with me on booking the best options available for the room type that would accommodate my makeup artist and hair stylist in preparation for the evenings movie premiere. Jennifer went above and beyond with the level of detail she offered, so much so, that she even left a note upon checkin regarding the reservation.

Jennifer has been a pleasure to work with and has exuded the highest caliber of dedication, detail and professionalism.

The general manager, Daniel Entenberg, and the reservation manager, Robert Vogel, truly care not only about their team but also about their guests. The level of personalized service is unparalleled and truly one of a kind. The entire team at the GPH offer the most exceptional experience and the property location and suits are simply fabulous!

It is without a reservation of a doubt and due to my experience with the GPH that I highly recommend the GPH. The experience has truly been superb!

Thank you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
It was such a pleasure to connect with you and I am thankful for your wonderful feedback. It's people like Jennifer, on our team that are committed to service excellence and personalization. I am head over heals that you were so pleased. We love our loyalists here at Gramercy! We look forward to continue looking after you for years to come! Welcome Home.

Lanacaster, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed the weekend here, arriving Friday afternoon and leaving late Sunday, and we had a great visist. The entire hotel is top notch, all with a little funk. The bellmen outside were great everytime we came and went, the front desk was attentive and accomadating and all the facilities were wonderful. Our only issue was communicating our order with room seervice. We ate at Gramercy Tavern two night, Friday and Sunday, and at Maialino Saturday, and all the meals were outstanding! We enjoyed the private access to Gramercy Park on Saturday. It was a beautiful day and the park was very nicely attended to. we just love this area of the city and think the hotel is the perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: The Lexington King on the upper floors have a nice east facing view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Jeff, sounds like you had a fabulous weekend with us dabbling in a little bit of everything Gramercy has to offer. So pleased to hear you had such a great time. Our team is truly committed to your comfort, so I am glad to hear they exceeded your expectations. Please let me know when you'll be back in New York, I will ensure you are well taken care of.

Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Immediately upon arrival, you know this is special. The staff is top notch and very quiet about their service...because they listening to what you want. The rooms are big and bed is comfy. The room bathroom is a bit tired though. Rose bar is wonderful as well. The only disappointment is the attached restaurant is sub par for such a fine hotel. If you have $750 a night budget, go for it.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Ann - thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are so proud of the team and the experience we deliver, I am p,eased you were able to enjoy it. We just installed our custom beds, so thanks for thenoisitive review, they truly are comfortable. Please keep in touch and let me know when your travels bring you back to New York, we are at your service.

Geneal Manager
Boston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have stayed at the Gramercy Park Hotel in the past when visiting the city for business or for long weekend getaways, and was always satisfied--its a great property located in a great neighborhood. One of the main reasons I choose the Gramercy Hotel is for the quiet location. My wife and I usually enjoy a nice stroll in the park, followed by a nightcap in the downstairs bar.

During my recent stay, I was appalled at the loud music coming from the roof bar---apparently there was a party on the roof deck and boy what it loud!

My complaints to the management fell on deaf ears--Needless to say, I will not be staying at the Gramercy Hotel during my next trip to New York. There are plenty of hotels in NYC--this one has gone downhill in terms of service IMHO.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael M
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had the opportunity or should I say privilege of staying at the GPH for the first time yesterday and I must say that I was very much impressed.

First the location on a somewhat residential street overlooking Gramercy Park is perfect. The hotel itself is discreet with the accommodations and décor being what I would describe as understated excellence, translation a Class Act.

My first surprise was the room which was larger than I would have expected. I had a separate living area with a large table and plenty of work space. Two flat panel televisions and antique desk/mini-bar were nice touches.

I did not try the restaurant but the Rose Bar is the hot spot for a late night drink but be sure to make a reservation as it is uber exclusive and without a reservation after 10:00 you won’t get in.

I found the staff to be more than helpful and eager to go out of their way with any requests.

The net/net, if you’re a discerning traveler with impeccable taste then don’t hesitate make a reservation, as you wont be disappointed.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark N
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
WOW! Thank you for the awesome feedback Mark, we truly appreciate it. Our location truly is an advantage to the property, add the workabity in the rooms and outstanding service, it truly is the ultimate destination. Of course as you mentioned, Rose Bar is a nice add having this hot spot in the comfort of your hotel lobby. Glad you made a reservation as entry does fill fast! Looking forward to welcome you back to Gramercy soon!

All the best

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

The gramercy Park hotel is at perfect quiet location downtown NY!
the quality is perfect, service is great. people are very nice and helpfull.
Compliments for concierge who is excellent!
the rooms are clean and the roof top lounge is a nice spot to meet for business or leisure.
good gym!
will come here often and would recommend the hotel if you stay here for business.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Hello Ann! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about the hotel, it truly is a special place. We aim to please here at Gramercy, from the roof top to the service and all in between.....we are here to personalize your experience each and everytime!
Looking forward to welcome you bacsoon.