“Thiefs”

Gramercy Park Hotel
Ranked #91 of 466 Hotels in New York City
“Thiefs”
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Stay away from this hotel if you don't want to find out that they have charged your card for additional 250 USd with no given explanations, bills etc...and despite the fact that I have wrote numerous times to their GM and guests manager. This is the worst experience in the US I ever had. The terrible and unprofessional behavior of stuff and these hotel is far away away from any luxury experience. The only positive - room design and that's it!

1- consierge is the most arrogant and badly educated person who I ever saw. Impossible to get any decent and worth of luxury hotel reccomendation. Especially if your english is not perfect. I wrote to their GM a complain and nobody ever answered.
2 - you don't get any bills when you check out at 6 am simply because their system does not work. And only after they charge you some extra and no bills sent via emails either. I believe my money were simply stolen from me by some of hotel staff. I wrote to the hotel again and again no answer whatsoever.

3 - the terrible noise from outside,I had to change room not to hear a moarning AC system - one can feel that you are at the airport surrounded by many planes taking off the ground

4 - rude personell at the reception. Like you ask a question and they said " What?" not pardon, not anything like that. At the check in, arriving at nearly midday I asked when my room will be ready the girl at the reception murmured " I don't know" picked the phone and started talking to someone else. CAn you believe that??? I was shocked.

5 - despite the request to get a room at higher floor i got the room at the 5th floor. Yet the reservation was made one month in advance.

To sum up - stay away from here. This place can only be considered for breakfasts (nice veranda on the last floor) and aperetivo. Be carefully with giving them your credit card details. You may find out some double charges. Btw - wifi costs 16 usd + tax per day...and you pay for the room 600 Usd incl tax.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Olga S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York
Reviewed July 12, 2012

A few weeks ago, I had my bridal shower at the terrace in the Gramercy Park Hotel. It is such a stunningly beautiful venue and I was so proud to share it with my guests. The staff did everything in their power to please my guests. The food was absolutely delicious. If you are considering planning an event there, contact Sabria. She was a dream to work with!!! Thank you Gramercy Park Hotel for giving me the bridal shower of my dreams!!!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 5, 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay that is walkable to downtown and also in a beautiful location, check this out. The Gramercy Park Hotel is located right on the park; it is quiet, modern, yet also with easy access to the subway, union square and within a healthy walking distance to soho. Staying here made me feel very non-touristy -- the streets are residential, the atmosphere is cool and sophisticated without being snooty, and the rooms are gorgeous. The Terrace for breakfast was amazing. Great food and really friendly service. Really, if I'm not super intent on being right on or near Central Park, this will be my new go to place to stay. Thanks, GPH!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room and a view of Gramercy Park if you can get it. But even without the view, it w...
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I went to place for Valentines day with my girlfriend. It is kind of dark when you walk in at first though I think that is the style nowadays. The hotel is very elegant and nicely furnished. The room was larger than I thought it would be and had a very posh decor to it. I ran into on of the managers in the lobby who seemed really happy. His name was Marc Rafeld and promptly asked us if there was anything he can do to make our stay even better. He also set us up with someone else (Austin) in the hotel to make reservations for a nearby restaurant that was great. The hospitality is what really made this hotel special for us. Marc was awesome and when we passed him again later on he greeted us by name with a smile. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We recently held a mini-college reunion in NYC and all stayed in the Gramercy Park Hotel. Reservations did a great job of coming up with a creative configuration of rooms that suited our needs. The hotel is lovely -- the decor is elegant, sleek but comfortable. We had rooms facing the courtyard which lacked views, but more than made up for it by being very quiet at night. The rooms are also generously sized by NYC standards. Definitely get reservations at Maialino if you can (concierge was helpful in getting our group a table). Food and atmosphere are fabulous.

Fayetteville, AR
Reviewed July 3, 2012

A bit pricy but the rooms are gorgeous and comfortable. Great artwork. The best bathroom I've ever seen. I would like to recreate the tub in my home! The staff is great and the service perfect. The only problem was the noise. There seemed to be a big party going on and guests were going up and down the elevator during the wee hours of the morning. The hotel manager was nice to move us. Try to get a room away from the elevator. Be sure to get a key and visit Gramercy Park.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 30, 2012

It's just so sexy and fun here. The wood in the lobby itself is gorgeous. The bars cater from easy going to night club scene. Everyone is friendly. Who doesn't look good in this lighting? The room is covered in velvet. If you like that old-world European-Victorian look you'll enjoy the Gramercy. Guests get a complimentary key to Gramercy Park! The neighborhood is stunning. Walk to Pure Food and Wine- or to Eataly for an espresso or lunch.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple