Gramercy Park Hotel
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
  • Room Service
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$169
$149
  • Fitness center
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$161
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$183
$135
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$183
$116
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$368
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
$386
$346
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$305
Westin.com
1,528 results
All reviewsrose barmaialinoprivate parkred velvetnew yorkroom serviceunion squarehotel guestshome away from homeroof terracehotel is beautifuljunior suitethe general managerturn down servicenyc hotelluxury hotelmini bar
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The room, booked online with a substantial discount, was sombre and smallish for the price, yet very tastefully decorated in dark blues and reds. Attention to tiniest details (toiletteries from Mario Badescu, a note with tomorrow's weather every night) added class. Don't miss the museum-worthy collection of modern art, featuring Fernando Botero, Damien Hirst, etc. The rooftoop bar is exquisitely stylish. The service is correct, albeit somewhat frosty. Too bad they don't give you the key to the Park, but let you in and out for a fixed period of time.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Top-notch service matches draw-dropping atmosphere for a great Labor Day Weekend!

The public spaces can't be matched anywhere. Loved the aroma in the lobby - what was that? And my loft room was amazing - I haven't seen furnishings and decor like this anywhere. I loved the bar in the room!

Having access to the park itself is still quite a perk, and spending a half hour inside is a tranquil respite from the rest of the city.

Only downside was room service one night - unfriendly order taker coupled with incorrect order (three significant mistakes delivered) put a slight damper on the evening. Eat in the hotel restaurant or one of the great restaurants nearby instead. Still, this didn't distract from the overall great experience, but did knock it down from five stars to four.

I'll be back.

Room Tip: My Loft Room had a nice big leather table and plenty of seats (two chairs, a sofa and ottoman) that was perfect for eating and drinking.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Booked a fantastic deal through Amex Fine Hotels and stayed four nights in a loft room. It was huge by NYC standards and the linens, bathroom amenities, and overall swag were top notch. Albeit ridiculously expensive, the "English Drinking Cabinet" aka mini-bar was stocked like they were expecting a rock star. Doormen have a key to Gramercy Park and it is a beautiful patch of peace in an otherwise busy Manhattan neighborhood. Drinking coffee on the lush rooftop terrace I looked up and realized I was sitting in front of Damien Hirst's Le Caprice, then stumbled into room after room of amazing contemporary art: Warhols, Basquiats, Princes, on and on... really breathtaking. The service was warm and professional from the front desk, to housekeeping, room service and restaurants. Lunch at Maialino (my son and I both had the porchetta panino) was outstanding in every respect. Couldn't have been more pleased with my choice and am looking forward to visiting the GPH again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We stayed in room 1109 during Irene. We enjoyed high levels of hospitality during that period as most of NYC stayed shut throughout the weekend. This included complimentary (albeit simple) meals and refreshment. This is just about a 5-star hotel with a splendid eye for "gothic" style decor. Something that we found very refreshing when we checked in. My wife loved the soap selection. I also appreciated the complimentary umbrella for use (i know, this sounds trivial but having been in other hotels, in a similar situation, allow me to recount..); without needing to justify what room i stay in or be served with a notice about being charged millions if i fail to return the brolley,etc. The hotel can be so much more (and thus our "just about a 5star rating), and I only mention them as we like our hotels so much and would desperately like to return to GPH (they are probably the only hotel with access to a private garden/park):
- turn down service; we only received this once, the night before we left; there were no slippers
- ipod with songs; it is stated that there would be one in the room with preloaded songs, this was not the case
- shoe polishing is complimentary; a very appreciated service that I received only after I called reception who has no idea and had to check with housekeeping
- i felt the hotel to be too "dark" for my liking.. that said, my wife enjoyed it. I do get the whole idea behind exposed light bulbs and all but there needs to be a few kelvins more of light in my opinion. During rainy days, it just feels moist...
- tacky terrace; overgrown with the wrong kind of plants in my opinion. The interior was however beautiful.
- should have been informed about renovation/plumbing in the room next door, there was noticeable noise that I found distracting.
- pillow selection. I do not recall a choice stated anywhere. pillows are too soft and i had a stiff neck on my second night...solved by a trip to a spa at one park ave.

That's it! you will no doubt enjoy your stay at GPH. We really did, but felt the nits needed mentioning, just in case, you were like us! - fussy.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Uber cool, unpretentious, decadent hotel with friendly staff and chatty permanent residents and guests. Much friendlier and more relaxed than you would generally expect from a high end hotel. Loved it. And it's within walking distance of so many great places.

• Stayed: August 2011