“worst customer service on the planet”

Tourneau Time Machine
Ranked #499 of 797 Shopping in New York City
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“worst customer service on the planet”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

having paid $310 for a tune-up of my watch; a longines, they returned it broken! 3 months later, I am still waiting for it to be repaired and it comes back from their service area and has to be sent back by the store before i even get it, since it's still broken! I didn't break it; they did. After numerous calls, etc. no call-backs, etc. They're the worst.

Visited September 2012
6 Thank pms g

Durham,CT
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Do you have the Time?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Tourneau is the place to go to see watches you have read about and now you get to see the "real" thing. one can see watches the a pieces of Art. A must !

Visited June 2012
3 Thank fred5710
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The don't honor warranties”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

I bought a Michelle watch for my wife here a little over two years ago. I could have gotten it cheaper somewhere else, but the saleswoman went on and on about their excellent warranty policy and on-site servicing. So I buy the watch. BIG MISTAKE!!!

Fast forward, watch stops working. It's past the two year manufacturing warranty, but well within the three year Tourneau warranty. I bring the watch in, but they say there is water damage and the warranty is void. While it did not cost that much to fix (circa $130), I was still pretty irritated and spoke to the manager about it. They were responsive on the calls, but they did not budge. Got the watch fixed, but they had to send it back to the manufacturer.

I guess you pay you money and take your chances, but never again. I will either buy my next watch for below retail or find a retail place that actually honors their promises.

It's a shame, because they have a beautiful store, but it appears they care little about after-care support.

Visited June 2012
5 Thank DarkStar11
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

I bought a Rolex to my wife and I paid 12.800$ she dont like and I try to exchange the same day for Cartier $5750 and the dont want to give money back they dont give Credit store. I have to buy another Rolex and sale in ebay for $1000 less. Dont buy anithing in Tourneau this is worst experience in my life.

Visited May 2012
6 Thank miguelquintero99
Israel
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Don't bother. Almost ruined my watch...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

Have a Philip stein watch that cost quite a bit. When i had to get the battery changed i went to Tourneau as they always seemed to me as a more expensive but responsible and professional store.

They gave me back my watch saying the battery is changed but they didn't change the seal so it won't be waterproof which is fine because i've already changed it before and was told the same thing - made no difference then.

This time i flew back home (overseas) and started seeing condensation inside the watch face.
Took it to a watch store close to my house and he said they closed the back right on the seal so obviously it was letting wetness in. Also, he couldn't put it back because it was torn!!

A real shame as they give a totally different impression on first glance.
Ended up paying again for a repair. Good thing they didn't manage to do enough damage to ruin it!
Don't bother.....