“Don't bother. Almost ruined my watch...”

Tourneau Time Machine
Ranked #499 of 797 Shopping in New York City
Israel
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Don't bother. Almost ruined my watch...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

Have a Philip stein watch that cost quite a bit. When i had to get the battery changed i went to Tourneau as they always seemed to me as a more expensive but responsible and professional store.

They gave me back my watch saying the battery is changed but they didn't change the seal so it won't be waterproof which is fine because i've already changed it before and was told the same thing - made no difference then.

This time i flew back home (overseas) and started seeing condensation inside the watch face.
Took it to a watch store close to my house and he said they closed the back right on the seal so obviously it was letting wetness in. Also, he couldn't put it back because it was torn!!

A real shame as they give a totally different impression on first glance.
Ended up paying again for a repair. Good thing they didn't manage to do enough damage to ruin it!
Don't bother.....

Visited August 2011
5 Thank meit

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Do Not Buy From this franchise!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

The beautiful thing is that this company isn't doing well as evidenced by their lack of stock and empty displays. I've always remembered the salesmen/women as arrogant jerks who themselves could never afford the watches they were selling. I knew more about every watch I was researching than the department manager. I still go there to look but wouldn't spend a dime there.

Visited September 2011
4 Thank Kay Z
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Horrible return policy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

I bought a strap from there recently for a Bell & Ross watch.. It took ages to get. When I bought it I asked them if it was OK to return it after my vacation (which was over 30 days) and they said it should be OK. Called them to let them know I will be returning it and it was never used, they said they have a 5 day exchange policy.. so you can't return it and get your money back! This is the worst store for a return/exchange policy I have ever seen! They don't have a complete return policy and you only have 5 days to give it back for an exchange. My advise to everyone .. avoid this place!

Visited November 2011
5 Thank Anil R
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Worst Company ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

Never again and will make sure I can spread out the word about this company.
They treat you like you are not worth it. May be you need to buy a $100.000 dolar watch.
Anyways, afeter they lost my watch, I have to take it to repair again and its been 2 months and still they can't tell me when it is going to be repaired... Never ever again I'll do business with them.

Visited September 2011
6 Thank Armando M
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Not for me.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2009

I went to NY recently with one objective - buy a specific watch. I had done my homework, where to go, what watches etc.

This is by far the biggest of the 4/5 shops i had in mind, and equally they had sa great selection.

When you are spending significant amounts of money ($6000) you want a bit of customer service. This place was terrible, arrogant staff, didnt try to spend any quality time with me to understqand what i wanted etc. Stear clear of this place, there are far better shops in NY to go to to make that important purchase. Neadless to say, I did spend my money, just not here.

6 Thank Guelder