“Great Store”

Albany, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Store”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had a great experience at Space Kiddets. We unknowingly arrived ten minutes before closing time but were made to feel welcome and were not rushed one bit. The store carries a varied selection of cool and unique clothes and toys for kids. Some items were on the higher side but that was expected due to the brands. However, there were also many choices on sale and reasonably priced. We had a great chat with the owner about the store and its history. She even went the extra mile to pull some vintage Pokémon posters from the back and sold some to us for a great deal. Our son loved the posters and the clothes we picked out.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank AlbanyJoe

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bitter Owner”
Reviewed February 4, 2011

I was shopping here with a friend for my son and his little buddy. Came across some cool vintage car toys from Schylling. The owner comes up to us and asks if we need any help. You know, the kind of help that's more like an "I'd feel more comfortable if you weren't in my store" kind of "help". I said we were okay and were just trying to pick out a color and see how the car works. She says - "You want to know how it works? I'll show you how it works." and she grabbed the car from my hand and jammed it on the store floor and revved it up while making a "vroom vroom" noise from her own mouth. "That's how it works". She handed it back to me and walked away. I looked at my friend in disbelief and went to confront her about her rudeness. She accused us of opening the boxes the cars were in and pulling out the bottom layer of cars, which we never did. She said we were rough with the cars, which we weren't. She also said we were worser behaved than the kids who come in here. Wow, really? Lady, you must hate kids. That was the last straw. We left the store, and before we did, I said to her that this is no way to treat her customers. She shrieked back at me something to the effect of her running the store for over a decade without any problems. Really lady? Is this why your store was empty today? And why your internet ratings are so stellar? I won't return here until she learns to treat her customers with the dignity and respect that they deserve.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank teachmelove
Newport Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful Boutique”
Reviewed October 22, 2009

This is the worst store I've ever been to. The selection is horridly one dimensional, only for those wanting their children to look like hippies, and expensively overpriced. The same merchandise is at Macy's and other department stores but cheaper. In addition, the store only gives store credit, which expires after a year. They did not mention that to me when issuing it, saying simply "you can use it whenever you want!" and then offered absolutely nothing but a rude "no" in exchange for my now useless $96 store credit. They even tried to lie to me saying that even Macy's store credits expire after 30 days! No other store including the smallest of boutiques have ever told me that store credits expire. Don't go - there are many better boutiques in this city with much friendlier staff and better store policies!